Wikiposts

Hoping to move

Old Nov 4th 2012, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoping to move

There were at least that many here in the Charente. We are told it was an unusually cold winter, but it did hit 20 below overnight for a couple of nights, and was below 5 below for nearly two weeks.
This summer, which was pretty short as it only really started at thee end of July, temperatures were high 20s low 30s most of the time. I think there was one day when it got close to 40, but generally very pleasant.
Unfortunately it finished weeks ago and has been raining pretty solidly now for the best part of two months. And we are told winter is going to be even colder than normal (again) throughout Europe! Thankfully, we do have central heating now
Old Nov 4th 2012, 10:28 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by White Trash
it can get very cold in mid winter. Last year there were a lot of cases of frozen plumbing. I personally could 't live here in the summer with temperatures in the mid 30's to 40 degrees. If someone knows of a place without such extremes of seasonal temperature I would be pleased to hear about it.
Here in the Languedoc, 45 km from the Med, our radiators split in the winter while it was still a holiday home, and since we've lived here permanently, we always have at least one Arctic spell every winter. Summer temps in the mid 30's, but with the Tramontane to make it more bearable. During the extremes, I sometimes wish we'd chosen the Atlantic coast.....
Old Nov 5th 2012, 10:06 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by White Trash
If someone knows of a place without such extremes of seasonal temperature I would be pleased to hear about it.
Would this suit? http://www.storm247.com/weather/119738476/climate
Old Nov 6th 2012, 1:10 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

The areas around Angers and Saumur are super, there are some lovely villages with quite busy populations in summer, and still lots going on in the winter. The weather is generally better as soon as you cross to the other side of the Loire. I think Angers is one of the nicest cities in North West France, there are good transport links to the coast for ferries and several airports nearby. Best of luck.