Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Home insurance quote

Home insurance quote

Old Jan 17th 2022, 11:32 am
Just Joined

fringlish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Home insurance quote

I've thought about what ET and dmu have said about insurance premiums being lower for holiday homes, and rising when they become principal residences. If Bazzer's quote (via estate agent and AXA) for €436 is for the house as a holiday home, and if it is going to shoot up (dmu's words) when bazzer takes up full-time residence, how much is it going to cost eventually? Or was the quote given in the belief that it was for full-time residence?
I still say that it is expensive, but it isn't my money!
Old Jan 17th 2022, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

bazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve since been quoted €326 by another agent using Allianze- then I did comparison site and got one for €200 - all as secondary residence.
im a bit nervous of the comparison site one because I can’t be sure I filled everything in correctly.
with the agency ones it was my estate agent who gave them the details so d have more faith in those being correctly declared
both agency qoutes were sent with an email in English which is another bonus (which I’d be paying for of course)
Old Jan 17th 2022, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

bazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond repute

I am also awaiting a quote from my bank - CA - but my lovely English speaking bank agent isn’t great at replying to queries in emails and doesn’t answer the phone
ill let you know how it all pans out
Old Jan 20th 2022, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

As promised I said I’d tell you how I got on.
4 qoutes in total
2 via agencies filled in by estate agent - the one I mentioned at the start of this thread and the second uses Allisnce which was€321 but was told it was an introductory rate…
3 rd one was using comparison site which gave all sorts of permutations which confused me too much and didn’t seem hugely cheaper… and the one I’ve gone with
Credit Agricole via my personal banker who was really helpful - € 294 with most exclusions at €150
I’m very happy I think!