Wikiposts

HMRC

Old Oct 11th 2015, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute
Default HMRC

Hi there

Does anybody have an 'overseas' phone number for HMRC please?

This would be really helpful, I don't know how to ring them from France and don't want to be overcharged.

Thanks.

Bisous.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HMRC

+44 161 931 9070.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you are using a UK mobile then it might be worthwhile looking at THREE mobile for European rates or some of the other providers that use an app and voip for free calls.I was in the USA recently and used the app from my landline provider to phone the UK and charge the call to my UK landline.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great thanks but I have a B & You 'forfait international'

Do you think it's possible to go to HMRC and request a form? The office is in Newcastle and I read on the Internet that it could take up to 2 months to get the form I need
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Last time I rang them I waited 35 minutes +++ before they answered... HMRC is a joke.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyposer
Last time I rang them I waited 35 minutes +++ before they answered... HMRC is a joke.
I think I can beat that. Last year they rejected my tax return after sitting on it for 2 months, and sent it back mid December with a note saying that if an acceptable submission wasn't filed before 30 December I would be fined. I didn't understand the problem (turned out to be their fault not mine, they had totally misunderstood my situation), I phoned them in a panic, waited ages, finally got through to somebody who couldn't answer my question and told me I needed to speak to a 'technician' on the overseas team, but all the lines were busy so he couldn't put me through. He said I could request a call back, so I said OK when would that be? He said 'Probably in early February, all the slots are booked until then'.
I was told they no longer offer a counter service anywhere in the UK, the only way to contact them is by phone.
It's pathetic, and I wrote them a letter pointing to their mission statement which says something about being there to help their customers, and asked whether they felt they were meeting their obligations.
Since then I read a watchdog report that said that in the run up to the tax deadline, only something like 65 per cent of the calls made to HMRC were answered.
Bonne chance BP
Old Oct 11th 2015, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
I think I can beat that. Last year they rejected my tax return after sitting on it for 2 months, and sent it back mid December with a note saying that if an acceptable submission wasn't filed before 30 December I would be fined. I didn't understand the problem (turned out to be their fault not mine, they had totally misunderstood my situation), I phoned them in a panic, waited ages, finally got through to somebody who couldn't answer my question and told me I needed to speak to a 'technician' on the overseas team, but all the lines were busy so he couldn't put me through. He said I could request a call back, so I said OK when would that be? He said 'Probably in early February, all the slots are booked until then'.
I was told they no longer offer a counter service anywhere in the UK, the only way to contact them is by phone.
It's pathetic, and I wrote them a letter pointing to their mission statement which says something about being there to help their customers, and asked whether they felt they were meeting their obligations.
Since then I read a watchdog report that said that in the run up to the tax deadline, only something like 65 per cent of the calls made to HMRC were answered.
Bonne chance BP
Thanks, just had a lady on the phone, I'm not surprised they don't have counters anymore, people would beat the hell out of them!

So all I have to do now is send them a letter and wait....
Old Oct 11th 2015, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by babyposer
Great thanks but I have a B & You 'forfait international' Do you think it's possible to go to HMRC and request a form? The office is in Newcastle and I read on the Internet that it could take up to 2 months to get the form I need
Have you searched for the form online?
Old Oct 11th 2015, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cyrian
Have you searched for the form online?
Sorry my message was a bit confusing.

Yes but I actually need a statement, so I need to fill in a form first. Then I wanted to hand the form myself or even fill the form directly in their office and get the statement straight away so I don't have to wait 2 months but apparently it's not possible.