Wikiposts

Hi everyone!

Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

UStobeexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hi everyone!

Ka Ora I understand that you live in Ariege. On the map it looks like it's very close to Toulouse. I checked someone's blog who writes about that region, but I just don't get enough info that I am interested in from it. I mean, renting an apartment or a small house. What is the cost of renting a 2 bedroom apartment or same size house and price of food? like 80m2 .
Is living in a big city like Toulouse cheaper than living in a village close from it? How close? I understand that rent is cheaper in a near by village compared to city. Is the food price as expansive or what? Any place that would fit these criteria?
What would be a village close to Toulouse that would offer cheap renting, school for elementary, middle and high school kids?
Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:29 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi everyone!

Originally Posted by UStobeexpat
Ka Ora I understand that you live in Ariege. On the map it looks like it's very close to Toulouse. I checked someone's blog who writes about that region, but I just don't get enough info that I am interested in from it. I mean, renting an apartment or a small house. What is the cost of renting a 2 bedroom apartment or same size house and price of food? like 80m2 .
Is living in a big city like Toulouse cheaper than living in a village close from it? How close? I understand that rent is cheaper in a near by village compared to city. Is the food price as expansive or what? Any place that would fit these criteria?
What would be a village close to Toulouse that would offer cheap renting, school for elementary, middle and high school kids?
Thanks a lot!
On a map it is close, As for daily commuting to Toulouse, The quickest option would be to live in or very close to Pamiers as it has direct autoroute connection to Toulouse Towns down the A64 which is the autoroute to Tarbes are nice, I would not consider living in Toulouse cheaper rent is higher and population is dense. Have a Look HERE as a guide for prices but on average I would say allow from 10 to 14 euros per Sq Meter per month. Here is a Guide for Cazères which is 35 40 kms from Toulouse prices do come down. Lastly a guide of prices in Pamiers Prices come down, But I would look not to live in Pamiers but outside of it to the south or southeast, You could try Foix but in my opinion its a bit on the damp squid side due to being surrounded buy mountains and looses the sun early.

The biggest difference we notice in supermarkets in the city have greater choice, Food is marginally cheaper. Prices go up in France when you move away from the industrial centers, Transit costs get tagged on to goods sold even fuel cost more in remoter zones.

Schooling here is 3 to 7 Maternelle (Not mandatory) CP 7 to 11 ( Mandatory) and College 11 Plus, Here and I cant comment on other areas moving up through the Classes is based on Merit and understanding. I know of children that have not started College(High School to you) until they are 13 because they failed to complete their work, My sons best friend is having to re do his First year of CP when they go back in september because he did not make the grade.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

UStobeexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Thank you very much!

I can get a better idea about it now that you gave me all these tips.
Thanks a lot! Best wishes!

Last edited by UStobeexpat; Aug 6th 2009 at 4:50 pm. Reason: spelling