Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Help with vacation property bookings,

Help with vacation property bookings,

Old Jul 28th 2016, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

bicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with vacation property bookings,

Advertising in EFIGS languages, except swapped out Spanish for Netherlands as they prefer coming here than the spanish it seems.
THANKS for all the help
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JC3
Hi Bicks,

I suggest you focus your advertising on the big online holiday rental sites – that should generate far more awareness and bookings for you than advertising in local towns and communities.

If you are not already using HomeAway, you probably should. It has huge worldwide reach, and features over 1m live vacation rental listings in 190 countries.
HomeAway also owns VRBO (Vacation Rental By Owner) and Owners Direct. Most of VRBO's properties are listed on the HomeAway site, but Owners Direct still covers its own list of rentals, so I suggest you also advertise there.

There’s a handy list and description of the ‘big boys’ on the MoneySaving Expert site, here:

Holiday Rentals: cheap self-catering villas, cottages - MSE

Good luck!

JC3

Thanks for the VRBO link!

Be warned though that you do receive more spam, and customer support is pretty poor!
Old Sep 9th 2016, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Hi, there is a great forum called "Lay My Hat" which is purely for holiday home owners. it a wealth of information.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by booboo24
Hi, there is a great forum called "Lay My Hat" which is purely for holiday home owners. it a wealth of information.
Thanks I'll check it out!

Amazing how many affiliate holiday property websites that are owned by the same companies, trying to saturate the market while missing out on the some good / sometimes much better independent sites!

I'll put a list together