Reload this Page >

Help in Nice please!

Help in Nice please!

Old Jul 14th 2011, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Harvo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help in Nice please!

Hi
I am looking to dispose of a car (Brit reg) in Nice area (scrap it)
Just contacted one breaker who wants 300 euro to do it....
Any suggestions?
Anyone want to take it for free and weigh it in...?
Cheers
Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:52 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help in Nice please!

Originally Posted by Harvo
Hi
I am looking to dispose of a car (Brit reg) in Nice area (scrap it)
Just contacted one breaker who wants 300 euro to do it....
Any suggestions?
Anyone want to take it for free and weigh it in...?
Cheers
Cant help with the Nice area but welcome to the Forum, Try another Scrap Yard as 300 Euros seems a bit steep.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

I took my old car to our local car body shop. The boss gave me a certificate of destruction and disposed of it for me for nothing.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by smithyandlisa
I took my old car to our local car body shop. The boss gave me a certificate of destruction and disposed of it for me for nothing.
Phone DVLA and let em know, It will get removed from the Un taxed database before you get a fine.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Phone DVLA and let em know, It will get removed from the Un taxed database before you get a fine.
Yup The fine is automatic now if you don't notify them.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by cyrian
Yup The fine is automatic now if you don't notify them.
You can Sorn it online if you have a recent V5, But it has to been done yearly. Sorn has now become a cash cow for the UK Government.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your advice. I forgot to mention that we had already "SORNd" it, so does that mean I have nothing to do? (I hope so) You're so good you guys.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smithyandlisa
Thanks for your advice. I forgot to mention that we had already "SORNd" it, so does that mean I have nothing to do? (I hope so) You're so good you guys.
Try here
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022582