Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Help needed for route Valencia to Roscoff.

Help needed for route Valencia to Roscoff.

Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help needed for route Valencia to Roscoff.

Im guessing the route roughly wiill be Zaragoza...Pamplona....San
Sebastian....Bayonne...Bordeaux.....Nantes....Renn es....Roscoff.

I am a bit concerned with driving through France as we have never driven through it and also the cost of tolls.

This will be an epic journey with three cats.I dont think pet friendly hotels allow more than one animal so it will be a case of just driving and stopping for rest.

I have looked at other threads on driving through France but I am getting very confused about the whole thing.

If anyone could give a sound route to follow avoiding tolls as much as possible but without taking scenic routes as we just want to get there asap.

This question is also on the spanish forum but was advised that someone here may be able to help.Thanks in advance if anyone can offer good advice.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help needed for route Valencia to Roscoff.

Hi,
Here's a link to Mappy:

http://fr.mappy.com/itineraire#/4/M2/Ls/TItinerary/IFRBayonne%2064100|TORoscoff%2029680|GP1.515|RI0/N151.12061,6.11309,3.06997,44.08642/Z10/

you will find that the cost is 135.49 Euros in total, of which 31.60 is on the payage. Distance (I took from Bayonne to Roscoff) is 856 k. I don't know how good your French is, but the map is pretty good.
Bonne route!
Blackie
Old Nov 5th 2013, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

Sorry, the link didn't work, but google
Mappy.com and it will come up!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blackladder
Sorry, the link didn't work, but google
Mappy.com and it will come up!
Or http://www.viamichelin.fr/ - I'm a Michelin man myself.

You can investigate the options to avoid peage, find the shortest route, etc, and choose which you prefer.

Last edited by EuroTrash; Nov 5th 2013 at 10:46 am.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info...will check it out.....and re speaking french, I used to be quite good at it but now I only have spanish in my head...am already printing off verbs to refresh my memory.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Or http://www.viamichelin.fr/ - I'm a Michelin man myself.....
Really? THIS wouldn't be a photo of your son would it?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Really? THIS wouldn't be a photo of your son would it?
well there is a certain family resemblance
Old Nov 7th 2013, 9:36 pm
Waiting for my bus pass!

Andrew58 is an unknown quantity at this point

I drove down to Bordeaux from Cherbourg in September and returned via a stop in Saint-Nazaire. I would say 31.60 is on the payage is well worth it. Due to the rain on the 14th Sep the time it took from Bordeaux to Saint-Nazaire was well over any estimate and the aquaplaning on some sections was a real risk and that was in an A4. So leave yourself lots of time.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

Have you tried the ferry which is subsidized by the EU form St Nazaire
http://ldlines.co.uk/timetables/saint-nazaire-gijon