Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Help me find the right city of PACA to live in.

Help me find the right city of PACA to live in.

Old Mar 12th 2011, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

dianef20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help me find the right city of PACA to live in.

I intend to move in the South of France - PACA -but I don't know yet in which city to move in.
I am a 57 y.o woman so I don't want to move in and out anymore. I hear a lot of different complaints about too many people and traffic during summer, but it's the same everywhere and 'Summer in France is not that long, so... I am more concerned about safety since I am alone. I want to be able to walk in the street without having to look over my shoulder.
I am also looking for nice landscape, character and authenticity, I don't mind not being close to a beach but I want to be able to see the Mediterranean. I'd like also a city that lives during winter or a village very close to one that does. I like art, craft, walks, but also shops, restaurants. I'd like a good blend of both tranquility-nature and life.
I hope I am not asking too much, and I thank you for all info.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:36 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help me find the right city of PACA to live in.

Originally Posted by dianef20
I intend to move in the South of France - PACA -but I don't know yet in which city to move in.
I am a 57 y.o woman so I don't want to move in and out anymore. I hear a lot of different complaints about too many people and traffic during summer, but it's the same everywhere and 'Summer in France is not that long, so... I am more concerned about safety since I am alone. I want to be able to walk in the street without having to look over my shoulder.
I am also looking for nice landscape, character and authenticity, I don't mind not being close to a beach but I want to be able to see the Mediterranean. I'd like also a city that lives during winter or a village very close to one that does. I like art, craft, walks, but also shops, restaurants. I'd like a good blend of both tranquility-nature and life.
I hope I am not asking too much, and I thank you for all info.

Welcome to the Forum Diane, Can I ask where you are from as that will help me possibly maybe determine what kind of location suits you best?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:10 am
Just Joined

I am currently in Spain, I just came back from Los Angeles. Thanks.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:50 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dianef20
I am currently in Spain, I just came back from Los Angeles. Thanks.
Hi, my BIL lives in Boulouris, right next to St Raphaël in the Var. He's got everything there, the sea and shops a 10 mins. walk away, the Esterel to walk in, Cannes/Nice and Toulon/Marseille a train ride away. Too residential for tourists, but near enough to St Raph for "life".
But, he bought his house about 30 years ago, so isn't affected by the present high property and rental prices....
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the info, I will take a look at this town.