HELP!!!!

Old May 8th 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the rough
Default HELP!!!!

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this forum,I need some help on how to sell our property in Riberac France,after having our home on the market for 6 months now and having a few viewings im starting to get very worried,I want to return to the UK as my mum has chronic lung disease and found out yesterday she now has diabetes.Can anyone recommend a commited agency or any sites that I could post the property to.Looking forward to hearing any suggestions

thank you in advance x
Old May 8th 2008, 7:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!!!!

Have you put it in the classifieds on this site ?
Old May 8th 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the rough

I have,thank you, hopefully I will get some viewings now!!!
Old May 8th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yummymummywright
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this forum,I need some help on how to sell our property in Riberac France,after having our home on the market for 6 months now and having a few viewings im starting to get very worried,I want to return to the UK as my mum has chronic lung disease and found out yesterday she now has diabetes.Can anyone recommend a commited agency or any sites that I could post the property to.Looking forward to hearing any suggestions

thank you in advance x
Have you also been to the Notaire? They also sell properties, advertising on the internet, as well as doing all the legal work
http://www.notaires.fr/notaires/nota...GLISH-HOMEPAGE
Old May 8th 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Dazzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yummymummywright

thank you in advance x

Hiya, we have just borrowed money of the folks to buy our place near Riberac on the understanding we pay them back asap as soon as we sold our old house nr thiviers... we are due to complete in a week. I put it up with 2 agents who between them got 4 viewings in 4 months.

I put my own ad on 1st for french properties at the end of Jan and by beginning of March (cost about £80) I had 4 offers on the table and got the full asking price... I must have got on average 10 enquiries a week and am still getting them now(I haven't took it off as in my eyes the house isn't sold till Ive got the cash!!) I must have arranged over 20 viewings however after the 5th viewing I had 2 offers, then got 2 offers from people who couldn't get out to view in time but desperately wanted the house!!!

Considering the agents only got 4 viewings in 4 months, my house was obviously nothing out of the ordinary, but yet the amount of people looking through thousands of ad's on 1st for French property must be very high for me to get as many enquiries as I did. I totally recommend trying it yourself as it will also be advertised cheaper as there are no agents fees involved and I can totally recommend my Notaire in Saint Aulaye for all the advice you need on private sales, it has been (dare I say) 'a doddle!!'.

http://www.1st-for-french-property.co.uk/

If you need any help, get in touch and I will gladly show you my write up etc...
Old May 8th 2008, 9:36 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Hello, welcome and sorry to hear about your mum.

I wish you good luck with the house sale but be prepared for a wait, on average it takes a house 2 years to sell in France.

You can try http://www.french-property.com/

and http://frenchestateagents.com/ - ask for Anne Rice, she is very helpful - tell her Jazzy sent you!

The more online sites you can advertise on the better, the 2 above are free. As Val says, the Notaire in your town is a must too.

What about renting it out? It's an option for the short term, and maybe things will improve in the UK for you and you may want to return. Alternatively, drag your mum over here! Healthcare is great and the warmer climate may help!

Best of luck for the future
Old May 9th 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

thank you Dazzo & Jazzy for your most welcome info.Im really sorry if I sound desperate or in anyway negative I have just recently realised my place is to be with my mum as I am not sure how much longer I may have with her. I want to add that My mum is not my only reason for moving back to the Uk, though it is my main one! life in France for me has been so very hard at times and after "trying to settle in" for 14 months now I am no further forward.....So time to go back and the thought of being here while my mum is ill is making me very fretful.anyway sorry for rambling...thank you all again so very much , this is a lovely site I wish I had of come across it ages ago xxx have a good day everyone.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:45 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

We sold our last house through http://www.french-property-news.com/ to another english couple looking to start a life in france.
Old May 9th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

andrewharris is on a distinguished road

You need to get your house on every possible web site and with some great
photos that really do justice. Put video footage if poss.
Contact all the agencies in the area and the big national ones. No sale no fee, of course. Get it in all British sites & magazines. Dig up any foreign sites or companies, dutch, German, Irish whatever.
Old May 9th 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: HELP!!!!

thank you andre.I sit most nights at the computer putting the property onto as many sites as I can,so god willing Ill hopefully get a few viewings now that its coming into the summer months.I have advertised the property in the classifieds if anyone wants a peek xxxthank you for all your fantastic advice.
Old May 9th 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: HELP!!!!

how many agencies are promoting the house? Riberac is a tourist area isnt it?
The key thing for us in selling a house is "get it on as many sales channels as possible". The vast majority of Brits dream of a home abroad. Depends on the price range i suppose. I know someone who sells luxary homes in France. Target the correct buyers. Keep going and you will sell it.
Change/update the adds every now and then to get attention.
Old May 9th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya Andre
riberac is a real tourist area mainly for the market on a friday,its the largest in Aquitaine! I bumped into Sid owen a few months back!!!! Rickyyyyyyy !!!!seriously though We have our prioperty on with four agents all based in Riberac I dont know if it be worth going further afield??? what do you guys think??
Old May 9th 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: HELP!!!!

Hi Yummy, definatley go further afield as long as it isnt costing you your hard earned money. I dont know who Syd Owen is, sorry. I'm a bit of a square pants really.
Old May 9th 2008, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: HELP!!!!

I just had a look at the house in the classifieds, it looks great. I bet you could
do it more justice with better photos. Look in them glossy, housy magazines like Elle and Beutiful homes or whatever and see how they show spaces..... Glossy baby, Glossy. Not that i want to knock your photos but from my personal experience it works better. This is a visual age as my great grandfather used to say in the Crimea. I dont think a photo of the toilet is going to sell the house. But again thats just me waffling on.
Old May 9th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Your right Andre I think ill take the "toilet shot " off. Funny the photographs that I have on were taken by Estate Agents!!!! shame on you not knowing who sid owen is have you seen Eastenders????? x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.