Reload this Page >

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Old May 29th 2006, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

bowdengm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health Insurance

Hi,

I'm going to be living and working in France over the summer and need to make sure I'm covered for health insurance. My day job will be riding bikes in the alps, so injuries may occur!

I have the EU Health Insurance Card, but understand that this only coveres you for so much, the rest you have to pay. I presume there are insurance companies that will pay the top up difference? Does anyone know about them?

Or... as I'm working in France and paying tax, will that be necessary?

My Girlfriend will be over as well but not working so will definatly need something for her...

Any ideas / thoughts welcome!

Cheers

Guy
Old May 30th 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all
Default Re: Health Insurance

If you are working in France, after a number of hours you can just go to your local CPAM and ask for a social security number and then you will be covered like any other french person.
I'm not too sure how many hours exactly but a month work and your first payslip are enough.
As for your girlfriend I'm not sure if she can benefit from your cover as if you were married but it's worth asking when you apply for your own.