Health Ins.

Old Jun 2nd 2018, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Quickenberg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Health Ins.

£152 per month from another company- phew!!
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

DELETED

Last edited by EuroTrash; Jun 2nd 2018 at 6:20 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 5:55 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quickenberg
'Does that mean you're young and fit '

Ha ha, well.....not young- 57- but pretty fit-cycling, walking and rowing etc.
Looking at Brittany, Normandy.

Just having a look at some quotes now....see what come up.
As said, you may be pretty fit, but it will hurt your pocket if you have an accident cycling, walking, rowing, etc or even a domestic one...
Actually, I wonder whether you shouldn't wait until your UK State Pension kicks in before moving to France. It means a wait, but at least you'd come over with the famous S1 from the DWP and have "French" healthcare coverage straight away (albeit only 70% reimbursed, so you'd still have to take out a Mutuelle....). Just a thought....
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 6:01 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
57 is young.

Be still my heart

(Don't worry Quickenberg, I'm not usually like this but it's been une journée intense as they say. And don't you worry either Novo, nobody could replace you in my forum affections!)
I honestly don't know why, as there's no hint in the posts, but I thought that Quickenberg was of the fair sex, and was rather surprized at your response
Whatever, everything else said up to now is valid for both males and females!
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi dmu

Yes, that is a good idea, however-

That seems so far away and who knows what will happen in the meantime-(9 years before i can receive the state pension).

ummmm what to do..

Trouble is -what is going to happen here re. Brexit stuff?
I mean after the transition period will we be able to move and so on?
I'm sure we will be, as Mr Lawson has just applied for his French residency(!?)...
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

I'm confused!
help!
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I honestly don't know why, as there's no hint in the posts, but I thought that Quickenberg was of the fair sex
Oops Like I said, it's been a tough day...
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 6:21 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi dmu

Yes, that is a good idea, however-

That seems so far away and who knows what will happen in the meantime-(9 years before i can receive the state pension).

ummmm what to do..

I'm sure we will be, as Mr Lawson has just applied for his French residency(!?)...
I'm the last one to advise on this as I'm dual nationality having married a Frenchman last century. On the other hand, no one can advise at present, it all seems a right muddle.
If you're really keen to move over now, then you'll have to take a deep breath and take out a private insurance to cover all your sporting activities, too (and I rather suspect that you'll need a French Doctor's Certificate to row, if you join a club. I even needed one for Keep Fit classes for Seniors, just in case I have a heart attack during a session, I suppose, and the Prof doesn't want to take responsability.....).
As you'll have gathered from the Saturday evening comments, we're a congenial crowd here! Ask away about any other subjects!
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Who knows, but it seems almost inconceivable that Brits will still have full freedom of movement after Brexit. So logically it should be easier to move now rather than after B-day. I wouldn't count on being able to get an S1 in 2026 or whenever you reach pension age, whereas if you move now and stay here and don't work in France, you might..
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 12:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Health Ins.

Originally Posted by dmu
I honestly don't know why, as there's no hint in the posts, but I thought that Quickenberg was of the fair sex, and was rather surprized at your response
Whatever, everything else said up to now is valid for both males and females!
I've no idea about Quiuckenberg's gender, however thanks dmu for quoting ET's deleted post... proper made my day hat did.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I've no idea about Quiuckenberg's gender, however thanks dmu for quoting ET's deleted post... proper made my day hat did.
La honte! La honte! Must remember not to post when I'm on to the second bottle of cider ...
I just hope I haven't scared a very nice newbie away.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
La honte! La honte! Must remember not to post when I'm on to the second bottle of cider ...
I just hope I haven't scared a very nice newbie away.
Are you sure that wasn't the second vat of cider......?
You almost scared me away too!
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Just checking how long we have to move before 'B'day and all nonsense that comes with it...

Am I right in thinking that UK folk can move with the current EU rights etc throughout the transition period?
If so, that would take us to Dec 2020 as cut off point?

Thank you in advance.

Quickenberg
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's the theory.
However, "nothing is agreed until everything is agreed", so if everything is not agreed there will be no transition period.
And there have been reports that TM wants to extend the transition period because it has begun to dawn on her that she is unlikely to have all her ducks in a row by Dec 2020.
You can keep yourself updated here:
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/brex...ted-kingdom_fr
and this is the position on citizens' right at present
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/site...s_rights_1.pdf
but it's not over until the whistle blows.

Last edited by EuroTrash; Jun 3rd 2018 at 5:30 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks EuroTrash

Of course, everything is 'unicorn' land where Brexit is concerned, so nothing concrete is known, agreed, understood etc etc..

Thanks for the links as well, they will be v useful.

Quickenberg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.