Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Have cats but must move

Have cats but must move

Old May 19th 2018, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Bjames is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have cats but must move

We are facing a bit of a dilemma and have been putting it off. My husband has fairly early alzheimers and wishes to return to the Uk to be with the rest of our family. We however have teo lovely cats one we have had for 14 yrs and one for 7 yrs. If we could take them with us believe me we would but it really is not possible, This has delayed our selling the house as we are so torn by it. We live in the country and the cats are free to come and go as they will. They are miicro chipped, have all injections etc, are a bit spoilt and sleep on our beds. They could not live in a town at all and we would not inflict it on them even if we could. It has been suggested we have them put down but cannot possibly do this. Finding a home for the two of them with similar conditiond would, I feel be rather difficult but I feel this is the only option. If anyone has any other ideas we would love to hear them, we love them dearly and it is tearing us up and delaying a move that should really be started on.
Old May 19th 2018, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have cats but must move

Poor poor you. I would hate to be in that dilemma. I suggest you ask advice of the SPA to put you in touch with one of the cat rescue societies which do exsist in France - often run by expats.
Where exactly are you and when I know I'll do a bit of research and try to help more.
Old May 19th 2018, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, we are on the 53/61 border south of La Ferte Mace. We don't know how long the house will take to sell and I feel if the cats are setled first it will be easier for my husband that everything happening at once. I can mention this in Pre en Pail at Helianthus but do not wish to let people we know, know about this yet. I really want them far enough away with good people who will cherish them as we have and they will hopefully not try to come back. Many thanks for your comments.
Old May 21st 2018, 11:44 am
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bjames
We are facing a bit of a dilemma and have been putting it off. My husband has fairly early alzheimers and wishes to return to the Uk to be with the rest of our family. We however have teo lovely cats one we have had for 14 yrs and one for 7 yrs. If we could take them with us believe me we would but it really is not possible, This has delayed our selling the house as we are so torn by it. We live in the country and the cats are free to come and go as they will. They are miicro chipped, have all injections etc, are a bit spoilt and sleep on our beds. They could not live in a town at all and we would not inflict it on them even if we could. It has been suggested we have them put down but cannot possibly do this. Finding a home for the two of them with similar conditiond would, I feel be rather difficult but I feel this is the only option. If anyone has any other ideas we would love to hear them, we love them dearly and it is tearing us up and delaying a move that should really be started on.
Originally Posted by grannybunz
Poor poor you. I would hate to be in that dilemma. I suggest you ask advice of the SPA to put you in touch with one of the cat rescue societies which do exsist in France - often run by expats.
Where exactly are you and when I know I'll do a bit of research and try to help more.
Bjames that is an absolutely awful position to find yourselves in, if you can't find someone to adopt privately, then I can only agree with grannybunz and try the local SPA for assistance.

Failing that, could you try and contact a UK SPA to see if you may have more luck with finding rural adoption back there?

Wishing you the best for a satisfactory solution.
Old May 21st 2018, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Buckinghamshireboy. It seems we must bite the bullet and do it so that my husband gets over this, and me also before the house also goes. I must admit I am dreading it.
Old May 21st 2018, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I had posted another message yesterday but our internet is more often off than on at the moment. It's the weather.
Here are some contact ideas.
Alzheimers English contact group in France:
0800 97 20 97
les Amis des Chats
www-les-amis-des-chats.comm
Phoenix Animal Rescue
www-pheonixassoc.com

Very best of luck - do keep in touch if you need more help.
Old May 21st 2018, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much.