Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Has anyone received the Brexit carte de séjour yet?

Has anyone received the Brexit carte de séjour yet?

Old Jan 4th 2021, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

bpeel is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Has anyone received the Brexit carte de séjour yet?

I was just wondering if anyone has received their carte de séjour after applying with the Brexit online form yet? It’d be nice to have an idea of how long the process takes. Weeks? Months? Years??

My British passport is going to expire in June and I’m wondering whether it would be better to renew it now and risk getting a rendez-vous with the préfecture without a passport while I wait for the new one to be delivered, or assume that the RdV will be soon and I can renew my passport after.

The whole thing is very stressful
Old Jan 4th 2021, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone received the Brexit carte de séjour yet?

I would renew your passport in good time..
If they offer you an appointment, you can reschedule it.
Departments are proceeding at very different rates - lots of cards have already been issued in the Dordogne where they've been allowed to take on an army of extra staff to deal with the many thousands of applications, but many other departments haven't started issuing them yet. Everybody needs to have their card before October. Until then, the email confirmation with your application number is proof that you've applied should you need proof, though it's unlikely that you will.
Don't stress, there is absolutely no need.
Old Jan 4th 2021, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bpeel
I was just wondering if anyone has received their carte de séjour after applying with the Brexit online form yet? It’d be nice to have an idea of how long the process takes. Weeks? Months? Years??

My British passport is going to expire in June and I’m wondering whether it would be better to renew it now and risk getting a rendez-vous with the préfecture without a passport while I wait for the new one to be delivered, or assume that the RdV will be soon and I can renew my passport after.

The whole thing is very stressful
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
1. On entering France, passport control requires a minimum of 6 months remaining on your passport.
2. France does not recognise passports that are over 10 years old.
Therefore, the critical date as far as France is concerned is the "issued on" date and not the expiry date.

Assuming that the préfecture uses the same rules as passport control, you would need to provide a passport with 6 months validity and not over 10 years from its "issued on" date.
There is detailed information on the UK Gov website regarding replacing a passport.

HTH
Old Jan 5th 2021, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I'm applying for mine tomorrow - I think it depends where you are. Some people have been waiting months and others have been called in (sometimes with only 24 hours notice) very promptly. I live in a region with lots of Brits, so I suspect I may be waiting a while.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 5:50 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G-J-B
I'm applying for mine tomorrow - I think it depends where you are. Some people have been waiting months and others have been called in (sometimes with only 24 hours notice) very promptly. I live in a region with lots of Brits, so I suspect I may be waiting a while.
I haven't heard a thing and I applied as soon as the site opened. I didn't even know some cards had been delivered in some areas until I read ETs post. I live in the Pays Basque and , believe it or not, have not met another Brit. Mind you I don't go looking for them!! The point though is that relatively, there aren't many Brits in the region and so , in theory, my card would be quickly delivered. Still; this is France and I'm not unduly concerned.
Mind you I did receive my brand new EHI card from the U.K yesterday!

Last edited by KJMW; Jan 5th 2021 at 5:53 am.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW
I haven't heard a thing and I applied as soon as the site opened. I didn't even know some cards had been delivered in some areas until I read ETs post. I live in the Pays Basque and , believe it or not, have not met another Brit. Mind you I don't go looking for them!! The point though is that relatively, there aren't many Brits in the region and so , in theory, my card would be quickly delivered. Still; this is France and I'm not unduly concerned.
Mind you I did receive my brand new EHI card from the U.K yesterday!
I would say it's not just down to how many Brits are in a region, some prefectures are very much on the slow side. I certainly wouldn't worry, there's lots of time in hand, and many in the same boat. They will get around to it.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

This has been a fairly memorable week, i.e a trip to the prefecture for the final admin steps prior to delivery of the new carte de sejour, and ii) anti-Covid jab (more on that in a separate thread).
Here's my CdS time-line so far which may be of interest to some:

20/10/20 I registered on the interieur.gouv.fr website with all required info requesting a post-Brexit CdS. (I'd already requested and received in 2019 the pre-Brexit CdS which showed validity of 10years).
20/10/20 Received email confirmation of my request, indicating that I'd be contacted at a later date for an appointment at the prefecture in order to finalize the procedure.
5/2/21 Received email from the Prefecture proposing a rdv 11th Feb.
11/2/21 Arrived at the Prefecture only to be told that the computer system that dealt with Brexit affairs was out-of-action nationwide. The awaiting undesirable aliens - myself included were given apologies and were told we'd be contacted asap with a further rdv date. On arriving home, I'd already received confirmation by mail of their problems, and a revised rdv date 4th March.
4/3/21 To Prefecture armed with passport and one passport-type photo. Was efficiently shown the office to report to, and cheerfully greeted by a young lady. Passport photocopied - no problem. Now this is where the 'fun' bit starts........
The finger-print scanner emitting an impressive discoteque-like bright purple glow, was a total fiasco! Methinks if it had been powered by an 80's Sinclair Spectrum and associated software it would possibly have been far more effective.
It couldn't read my right-hand 4-finger scan on first attempt, or 2nd or 3rd attempt. Ditto after wiping down the scan screen and rubbing my fingers on some dedicated pad. Loads of apologies later from the young lady, she eventually stated she had an acceptable scan. Phew! Now for the left-hand finger scan...... and ditto as above. Amazingly she kept her calm until I heard a sigh of relief and a smile. In an almost embarrassed way she then said all she needed for completion was a scan of both thumbs together! For a second I thought I might be starring in a candid camera stunt! But it was all part of the French obsession for 'why make it simple when it should be complicated'.
After about 20mins the procedure was complete, and I asked the young lady if she'd had similar problems with other CdS seekers. Apparently she had. Often!
They tell me that the new CdS will be completed in about a month, and sent directly to my address. I'll believe it when I see it, which may be the moment to celebrate with a favourite red Madiran - a Chateau Montus. I'll advise on both in due course.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Mar 6th 2021 at 9:49 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:10 am
Just Joined

I just had my rendez-vous this morning. As with Tweedpipe, it was very simple. I just showed my passport, gave them a photograph and had my fingerprints taken. They didn’t ask to see any of the documents I had submitted previously on the internet. I also hadn’t renewed my passport yet, and they didn’t say anything about it expiring in less than three months. They said I will receive the card in the post. The timeline for me was:

08/12/2021 – Filled in the form on the internet
18/03/2021 – Got an email with the date of the RdV
08/04/2021 – Had the RdV

I am in Lyon.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bpeel
08/12/2021 – Filled in the form on the internet
18/03/2021 – Got an email with the date of the RdV
08/04/2021 – Had the RdV
Wow - and you time-travelled forward to next December to fill the form in LOL.
I presume you applied online in 12/2020?
That's not bad.
I applied online in November 2019, yes 2019. Still waiting...
Old Apr 8th 2021, 12:38 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Wow - and you time-travelled forward to next December to fill the form in LOL.
That's not bad.
Same here.....
Old Apr 8th 2021, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Oops, yes, I haven’t drunk enough tea today it seems

I hope they get back to you soon.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Just received my new CdS today. A little less than 6months from start/finish.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 10:10 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Just received my new CdS today. A little less than 6months from start/finish.
BRAVO!!
Old Apr 18th 2021, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Known Aim is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied to replace my permanent EU CdS for a 3rd Country CdS mid-March and received my replacement, valid until 2032, by registered delivery yesterday.

So, much faster than a simple driving license swap
Old Apr 18th 2021, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

My dilemma now is, after the hassle in getting the new 10year CdS, do I want to permanently carry it wherever I go, with the possibility of loosing it and eventually having to request a duplicate?
I've just taken a photocopy of it and plan to carry that in my wallet. I've been known to loose keys on several occasions so it may pay to play safe with the 'valuable' new CdS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.