Reload this Page >

Hallo out there.......

Hallo out there.......

Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:37 am

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hallo out there.......

Originally Posted by Kate45
Hey Dreamcatcher what time is it in France at the moment please

at the third stroke it will be......12.35 and some secondsPlus a couple mins while its posted lol

Last edited by dreamcatcher; Jul 26th 2007 at 10:38 am. Reason: time warp
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Kate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant future

ok thanks ....I will be back on a little later its 8.10 pm here and i need to pick up eldest child from work ......if I miss you later have a lovely day over there in France ...I am looking forward to my trip in October so that I can see what the positive people rave about.

Cheers Kate
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

artemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to all

Hi dreamcatcher - I am on holiday so my teacher's hat is firmly off my head .... no paperwork and no lesson plans bliss!!! I wouldn't want to get that close to a spider to be able to see any of the bits ..... they look for a nice warm home in September and my abiding memory is of a particularly black and furry specimen having climbed into my recumbent trousers which I then innocently wore and whilst I was sitting on the loo it decided to climb up my leg .... truly horrible and the phrase "in space no-one can hear you scream" comes to mind and boy did I scream I had better go a do some housework now .... see you later ......
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Hallo out there.......

Hi all and a very good Afternoon/morning and evening to you all from me.
and the spiders say hi too
Well I'm a little later on than I planned mainly because I decided that in order to find my daughter who was playing in the garden I really needed to get the trusty balck and decker strimmer out and do something about the lawn. So I've managed to cut down the grass/weeds and such from the front garden without any major damage to any creatures that happen to br lurking and eventually managed to find Harmony (my daughter unfortunatly not the spirtual) who had fallen down one of the molehills in the garden, did manage to rescue her though with the help of borisina and her web.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Hallo out there.......

Originally Posted by artemis
Morning all and yes dreamcatcher I think it would be very sensible to rent first and choose a house at leisure. I have heeded the warnings I have read on here. I am a frustrated artist in terms of loving to sketch but never seeming to have the time to do a lot. I am not going to give up and have now reached the stage of sketching my son (he's a teenager and hates me doing it!). The other half of me teaches English post-16 and although I don't teach literature I do introduce my students to some of the beautiful poetry written by poets over here .... oops I'm rambling on, you can tell I teach people to write!!!!!!!!! The day looks good here there is a sort of watery sunshine ...... can't believe I'm grateful for this ...... what is the world coming to! I shall look up your area on my map and hello to everyone else and to the lady who talks to spiders ...... I have only progressed to talking to my cats ..... there's no hope for you
Hi Artemis - er whats wrong with talking to the spiders its only polite and talking to your cats must be much much worse, I've never heard or seen of a mad Spider lady/man only mat cat .... as for there being no hope for me .... I knew that a long time ago
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:22 pm

Hi dreamcatcher - I am on holiday so my teacher's hat is firmly off my head .... no paperwork and no lesson plans bliss!!! I wouldn't want to get that close to a spider to be able to see any of the bits ..... they look for a nice warm home in September and my abiding memory is of a particularly black and furry specimen having climbed into my recumbent trousers which I then innocently wore and whilst I was sitting on the loo it decided to climb up my leg .... truly horrible and the phrase "in space no-one can hear you scream" comes to mind and boy did I scream I had better go a do some housework now .... see you later ......

Hi there,Bet you watch how you sit down now,oh dear I shouldnt really laugh but its difficult not to.Catch you later,just in middle of a painting stopped for a cuppa.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by paulajayne
Hi all and a very good Afternoon/morning and evening to you all from me.
and the spiders say hi too
Well I'm a little later on than I planned mainly because I decided that in order to find my daughter who was playing in the garden I really needed to get the trusty balck and decker strimmer out and do something about the lawn. So I've managed to cut down the grass/weeds and such from the front garden without any major damage to any creatures that happen to br lurking and eventually managed to find Harmony (my daughter unfortunatly not the spirtual) who had fallen down one of the molehills in the garden, did manage to rescue her though with the help of borisina and her web.
Just popping through,I like your daughters name,good choice.Glad borisina helped(theres no help for us)Gives a whole new meaning to web cam ect.
I will catch you later,got go do some work else I will give myself the sack

By the way had the moles vacated,or did Harmony join them.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

artemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to all

Hi PaulaJane and Dreamcatcher, just to say I had a very long chortle when I read your posts .....
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:51 am

Bonne jour,ca va,Just a quick hallo to all,got start working but wanted to pop through see if you all ok.Just a quick story,I had two cats, but lost one my other one has been really sad and missing her friend, so I made the decision to get another kitten,which was not easy cause I was frightened it might push her out.Well 2 days ago I got one,touche le bois,fingers crossed,I introduced them.what was going to happen...da da da da........
Yippee, all well,my other cat is now eating properly,staying in more,the kitten thinks she owns the place,all is calm.Thought Id share that with you,wasnt a quick story with my one finger typing,(I am being hard on myself I used two sometimes)Have a good day lovely people,catch you later.xxxxxxx
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Kate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant future

Lovely story enjoy your day Dreamcatcher. We are still to decide if our cat will make the trip from Oz..
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

We have 3 cats who own us rather than the other way around and it is Pavlov in reverse! Cats hate change and become really attached to their owners and I feel that no-one else could look after them as well as me. We will definitely be bringing them out to France. I would guess flying them would be the kindest option as even putting them in the car to take them to the vet is a trauma for them. You can buy these really enormous cat carriers in which you can fit a litter tray and food and water. It is best to cover the cat carrier with a light piece of material because they will not enjoy seeing people, cars and planes but feel more secure covered up, but we have to make sure that they can breathe so don't cut off their air supply with too heavy/thick a material!!! One thing to watch out for in your new house are open fireplaces. Keep the cats in for 3 to 4 weeks otherwise they will scarper and block open fireplaces; they can smell the fresh air and will scoot up them to escape. Keep them in one room where they will feel secure for a couple of days; lock all of the windows and doors first and then let them out to investigate the rest of the house. Put a large note on the door of the room asking people not to go in otherwise a removal person may accidentally let them out. It works I have been doing it for 25 years and had 9 cats when my son was born oops that sounds like I gave birth to them
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Artemis ....Our cat is 12 years old and its a very long flight from Oz I am worried the stress will kill her ....It might be kinder to find her another family
But I really don't know
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kate45
Hi Artemis ....Our cat is 12 years old and its a very long flight from Oz I am worried the stress will kill her ....It might be kinder to find her another family
But I really don't know
Difficult decision,I am sure you will make the right one Kate45,hope you all ok.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:25 pm

We have 3 cats who own us rather than the other way around and it is Pavlov in reverse! Cats hate change and become really attached to their owners and I feel that no-one else could look after them as well as me. We will definitely be bringing them out to France. I would guess flying them would be the kindest option as even putting them in the car to take them to the vet is a trauma for them. You can buy these really enormous cat carriers in which you can fit a litter tray and food and water. It is best to cover the cat carrier with a light piece of material because they will not enjoy seeing people, cars and planes but feel more secure covered up, but we have to make sure that they can breathe so don't cut off their air supply with too heavy/thick a material!!! One thing to watch out for in your new house are open fireplaces. Keep the cats in for 3 to 4 weeks otherwise they will scarper and block open fireplaces; they can smell the fresh air and will scoot up them to escape. Keep them in one room where they will feel secure for a couple of days; lock all of the windows and doors first and then let them out to investigate the rest of the house. Put a large note on the door of the room asking people not to go in otherwise a removal person may accidentally let them out. It works I have been doing it for 25 years and had 9 cats when my son was born oops that sounds like I gave birth to them
Dont cats own usThat was top advice for anyone moving with them.Years ago we had a Persian kitten,white.We also had a chimney.Together they became one,out popped a black persion it took me ages to get her back to original colour
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
Dont cats own usThat was top advice for anyone moving with them.Years ago we had a Persian kitten,white.We also had a chimney.Together they became one,out popped a black persion it took me ages to get her back to original colour
we had the same thing happen to us when we lived in an old house in West Yorkshire uk only differance is that we had twin kitties and they were ragdolls,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.