Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

golf club with expat membership

golf club with expat membership

Old Aug 18th 2009, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

allyob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default golf club with expat membership

We live in Spain but are thinking of moving to the Montpellier/Langedoc region. Does anybody know of a good golf course .... preferably a shareholder one with an expat membership? OR .... is there another place in France that has a good golf course with quite a few expats?
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:38 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: golf club with expat membership

Originally Posted by allyob
We live in Spain but are thinking of moving to the Montpellier/Langedoc region. Does anybody know of a good golf course .... preferably a shareholder one with an expat membership? OR .... is there another place in France that has a good golf course with quite a few expats?
Golf........Try Spain

We like our grass to grow wild here, Little balls thumping in to it is very damaging and it hurts the Grass. Golf in France has been banned in favor of shooting at the wild life.

Golf is a bad way of spoiling a good walk. Although there is a nice Crazy Golf course in Argelès sur Mer which might be up your street

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Aug 18th 2009 at 8:42 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:26 am
Just Joined

I joined this site to get some educated advice, not silly replies.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:02 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Golf is usually considered as a sport for the élite in France. You'd do best to google "clubs de golf (followed by Département chosen)" on Google France. There aren't all that many BE members in the Languedoc-Roussillon and, from the lack of their replies, even fewer who play golf, if any. Try a regional expat forum.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

not sure about Languedoc Rousillon but here in toulouse there are 2 courses; The one at seilh has some expats and isnt too bad; really though you have to understand golf is a real minority sport here in france;;;;;
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Allyob
Try the french golf federation @
http://www.ffgolf.org/
In the menu go to guide des golfs
For a good course [and there are many not so good] I have found membership to be more expensive than in the UK [x2].
My club is a non-profit social club as defined by french law and therefore non-shareholding.
Can't help you re expat membership.

Good luck
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Chesterfield - Derbyshire & Cabanas as often as possible!
Golfister is an unknown quantity at this point

Allob - there's a nice golf course/club just outside Carcassonne. Different region I know from Montpelier but still in Languedoc. I think there are also quite a few expats in that area (Carcassonne/Limoux).
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you know the difficulties with courses in Spain .... you cant join many of them, and the shareholding fees on others are terrible. I play only in Valencia normally now as I know someone who is a member, but it was suggested to me that joining an ex pat society is the way to go, so maybe when you get there this might be the way to go in the short term

PS - If one more person tells me that Golf is a walk spoiled I may have to use my clubs for reasons they were not designed for :-)
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well, you know the difficulties with courses in Spain .... you cant join many of them, and the shareholding fees on others are terrible. I play only in Valencia normally now as I know someone who is a member, but it was suggested to me that joining an ex pat society is the way to go, so maybe when you get there this might be the way to go in the short term

PS - If one more person tells me that Golf is a walk spoiled I may have to use my clubs for reasons they were not designed for :-)
I always liked the approach to Golf used in Lock Stock. Right up my street that.

A good walk always involves a Rifle. It aids balance on the wonky bits.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
I always liked the approach to Golf used in Lock Stock. Right up my street that.

A good walk always involves a Rifle. It aids balance on the wonky bits.
I always feel so sorry for people who have nothing else to do but write silly comments. Go out and get a set of golf clubs and find out what a really good walk can entail...... camaraderie and good fun, plus a challenge to one's brain as well as physical ability. However, some folk don't seem to have a brain. Please do not send any more silly comments. You just make yourself look uneducated and stupid.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:20 pm

I always feel so sorry for people who have nothing else to do but write silly comments. Go out and get a set of golf clubs and find out what a really good walk can entail...... camaraderie and good fun, plus a challenge to one's brain as well as physical ability. However, some folk don't seem to have a brain. Please do not send any more silly comments. You just make yourself look uneducated and stupid.
You will notice that the comment was directed at MB not yourself so I was not directing any comments towards you other than the second post in the Thread which was light humor. I have said it before and will say it again, Please lighten up a Little, You will find us a fun bunch, By getting so pubescent so early on it is only you that ends up with a question mark. Driving range is the only thing I have ever enjoyed. But alas I find that there are more gentlemanly sports that suit me. Please don't feel sorry for me, The camaraderie one achieves in the Household Calvary in the heat of Battle far outweighs anything recreational sport can ever offer.

Capt "Retd"

H23A

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Aug 19th 2009 at 6:55 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
You will notice that the comment was directed at MB not yourself so I was not directing any comments towards you. I have said it before and will say it again, Please lighten up a Little, You will find us a fun bunch, By getting so pubescent so early on it is only you that ends up with a question mark. Driving range is the only thing I have ever enjoyed. But alas I find that there are more gentlemanly sports that suit me. Please don't feel sorry for me, The camaraderie one achieves in the Household Calvary in the heat of Battle far outweighs anything recreational sport can ever offer.

Capt "Retd"

H23A
I suppose at this point I should tell you to get off your high horse!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:41 pm

I suppose at this point I should tell you to get off your high horse!
Okay donkey..... Got myself thrown off it once, Rather embarrassing considering the audience. Never Trooped the Colours since

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Aug 19th 2009 at 6:54 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks.... good to get some solid feedback to a question! Valencia was the other place we thought of moving to .... we might fly over again and check the two courses out, though the one on the coast seems very touristy... meaning you often cannot get a tee time so easily. We are also retired but don't ride horses!!!!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:26 pm
Senior Moment

Thanks.... good to get some solid feedback to a question! Valencia was the other place we thought of moving to .... we might fly over again and check the two courses out, though the one on the coast seems very touristy... meaning you often cannot get a tee time so easily. We are also retired but don't ride horses!!!!
The Escorpion Club
West of Valencia, about 15 kms. Always easy to get a T time, but you better have lots of dosh for the shares

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.