Reload this Page >

Getting married in France!!

Wikiposts

Getting married in France!!

Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

beigey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting married in France!!

Help! Anyone know of on over night legal translator in France?

I have all my papers (I am english - hubbie to be French) except the National Register Office lost my first birth certificate 2 weeks ago - sending the replacement by DHL which is due to arrive tomorrow (hopefully!) and now I realise it needs to be translated and we leave back to the UAE on the 9th October and need to have 11 days to publish bans ... urgh!

We were actually married 13 months ago in the UAE but doesn't count for anything in Europe!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting married in France!!

Originally Posted by beigey

I have all my papers (I am english - hubbie to be French) except the National Register Office lost my first birth certificate 2 weeks ago - sending the replacement by DHL which is due to arrive tomorrow (hopefully!) and now I realise it needs to be translated and we leave back to the UAE on the 9th October and need to have 11 days to publish bans ... urgh!

We were actually married 13 months ago in the UAE but doesn't count for anything in Europe!
Hi there
sorry to hear about your problems. I might be wrong, but are you in Provence? If so, this might be of use
http://provence.angloinfo.com/af/324...erpreters.html
bonne chance
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Val50 - yes I am in Provence - the only listed one on the link is a family friend and we are not sure if we can call on her services at the last minute and she is also a legal translator from english TO french not the other way!! Urgh ... will keep checking, thanks for your help!! Any other suggestions? TIA
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:18 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Does this help?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:19 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Or This?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you good luck. I started planning and arranging my PACS back in March and still don't have a final date. Just last week I received my certificat de coutume from the British consulate (one sheet of paper costing 78 euros!) to prove I'm not already married. I'm in danger of having my birth certificate run out (only lasts for 6 months), as I've already paid to have it translated.
I'm afraid I don't know anybody who can do these things overnight, but I'm sure they exist if you can fax the details over. All the best.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies! Le Chant - the sites were useful, will let you know if I use them ... G-J-B good luck ... yes the certificate of costume was 78 euros - my birth cert was £11.50 but they lost it so paid £48.51 for them to send me a replacement by DHL ... no idea how much the translation will cost. The marriage contract is 365.99 euros ...
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies! Le Chant - the sites were useful, will let you know if I use them ... G-J-B good luck ... yes the certificate of costume was 78 euros - my birth cert was £11.50 but they lost it so paid £48.51 for them to send me a replacement by DHL ... no idea how much the translation will cost. The marriage contract is 365.99 euros ...
Ouch, glad I'm just doing the PACS, tight person that I am. One benefit to getting married in France, is that if you're employed you get something like 8 days of free holiday!! My girlfriend asked if they give anything for a PACS which is more or less like a marriage but easier to dissolve, but it seems not.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

It all worked out!! Getting married on Saturday!
The town hall were even kind enough to enter the submission for the bans 2 days earlier so we could get married on a Saturday rather than wait until the Tuesday (which would have been the full 11 days!)
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

The town hall were even kind enough to enter the submission for the bans 2 days earlier so we could get married on a Saturday rather than wait until the Tuesday (which would have been the full 11 days!)
that's great news
if you get chance, perhaps you could post some photo's so we can see how lovely you looked - have a great day
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:04 am

Many congrats Beigy. Glad it all worked out for you!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Thanks!! Been married for 14 months but that was in Dubai and not valid in France so not doing much more than the town hall and a nice lunch ... will be moving to France in 2009 so will keep in touch as you have all been so helpful ... back to the horrid sand pit on the 10th Oct.

Thanks again and keep in touch ... I have millions of questions!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Phew! Glad that worked out for you; it must have been nail biting for a while!

I'm sure it's just a typo but that should be 'banns' - I know it sounds pedantic, but I just mention it because it's also my surname.

Good luck with the move in 2009 - do you have a region in mind?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:10 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't do it....save your self 15 years of nagging. I f you don't marry them, it keeps them on the Edge. Far more fun.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

G-J-B- thanks for the correction - I am writing french the way it sounds these days (odd words really nothing really comprehensive!)
Will be moving to Provence ... near Avignon ... still have to work out what we are going to do work wise!

Thanks Ka Ora - too late! Married in the UAE and France now ... best way to ensure he can't take another wife - hahahaaha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.