Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Further evidence that I Am A Plonker .........

Wikiposts

Further evidence that I Am A Plonker .........

Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:12 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Further evidence that I Am A Plonker .........

Originally Posted by treskillard
Your humble servant Madame

Humble? You? That's a bit like saying I'm subtle!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:23 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
You should get a job in the Fer-rari F1 pit crew team Their begging for some real professionals.
Oddly enough, always fancied meself as a racing driver rather than a mechanic - screaming around hairpin bends with my hair on fire sounds rather a good way to make a living - well, beats cleaning toilets anyway!!! Sounds rather like driving in the Pyrenees .......... spent a lot of time in the Pyrenees going sideways, backwards, and every which way except forwards with all four wheels locked and totally out of control, panicking that round every corner I would meet my maker in the form of White Van Man (no offence CB, love ya baby!!!!!!!)

Cousin's husband worked for the Arrow Team for a number of years - he said it's very high pressure, but the fantastic women hanging about made it worth it - oh and the salary of course! They are divorced now, so maybe those fantastic women did for him in the end. But what a way to go, I hear you all say!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:04 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50

Humble? You? That's a bit like saying I'm subtle!
I missed that.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:57 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Oddly enough, always fancied meself as a racing driver rather than a mechanic - screaming around hairpin bends with my hair on fire sounds rather a good way to make a living - well, beats cleaning toilets anyway!!! Sounds rather like driving in the Pyrenees .......... spent a lot of time in the Pyrenees going sideways, backwards, and every which way except forwards with all four wheels locked and totally out of control, panicking that round every corner I would meet my maker in the form of White Van Man (no offence CB, love ya baby!!!!!!!)

Cousin's husband worked for the Arrow Team for a number of years - he said it's very high pressure, but the fantastic women hanging about made it worth it - oh and the salary of course! They are divorced now, so maybe those fantastic women did for him in the end. But what a way to go, I hear you all say!

No with your skills Pit work for you. You can even show boat in the pit lane, We'll put you in charge of the BBQ And drawing pins to throw off other drivers. Oh and adhoc repairs with gaffer tape.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:22 am
Grey Bombshell

Can I do donuts, please, can I? Did one in the College car park once, students going apeshit out the window and the wretched Principal just arriving with some Big Knob Government Minister and I sprayed them with gravel ...........

I used to do Banger Racing - great fun that was, you have to be a nutter though, as nerves are not something you can have and be successful. Had an old rover, the one with the gears up on the steering wheel - loved it, but it was a heavy bugger and I got it stuck on the tyres in the middle once and couldn't get off. That was way back when I was a Gorgeous Blonde and 19 years old (yeah, right!) and I jumped out, took me helmet off, said "SHIT" and 10 blokes jumped the guard rails and helped me push it off! Nowadays, they would just tell me to Push Off

It was dodgy cos it was on the downs just south of Oxford (near Wantage) so it was all chalk and really a skid pan with attitude.

Those were the days .................
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:26 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking for a thread to hijack, this one looks great!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:35 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I am looking for a thread to hijack, this one looks great!
Go on then. Or is there a ransom demand on it's way?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:36 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ewood
Go on then. Or is there a ransom demand on it's way?
£10 million or this thread is doomed....................
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:40 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
£10 million or this thread is doomed....................
Are you a Somali pirate ?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:00 pm
Grey Bombshell

No, it's Will Carling in disguise .............

Was considering piracy myself, as fed up with miniscule budget.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:07 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to the so*ding pirate?
Can't trust anyone these days :curse:
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:07 am
Grey Bombshell

Do pirates pay tax? I reckon they should - and I reckon I'd love to be a Fly on the Mast when some stuffed up Government official boards their ship to collect it!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:09 am
Straw Man.

Can we not continue with the sailing puns please? Sailing folk, for the most part, are some of the most pedantic, officious and boring people I have ever had the misfortune to meet!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:34 am
down under where

Aye Aye Cap'n
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:00 am
Grey Bombshell

Oh I so agree. Suspect my mailbox will be filled with hate messages from sodding sailors now but who gives a Fisherman's Friend about that?

My ex was a merchant navy officer - and apart from truly believing he was God's Gift, he drove me nuts going on and on about boats, ships, sailing things about, navigation, depth guages, sextants, blah blah blah.

He even had a friggin full size iron anchor on the deck at the back of the house, which I hated with a vengeance. Every single time I wanted to hang out me washing, that bastard thing was there, waiting, tripping me up, grazing my shins, I loathed it. You couldn't even kick it for relief without getting a broken foot.

The only funny thing about it was he used to get seasick. All those years as third officer on them big boats - the ones that take 10 miles to stop - and sailing round the world and all that - and he was a puker!!!!!!!! Of course, me, only been on the Speedboat at Littlehaven when I was 5, had two water skiing lessons when I was 15 and a close encounter with a pleasure boat once when I was surfing in Cornwall, and I am a totally amazing sailor. It can go up, down, side to side, rogue waves, all manner of stuff, me, solid as a rock. He loathed that. And as for the jetski incident, well, less said ....... if he could have killed me and got away with it, he would have. I did usually get the last laugh I suppose

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.