Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Further evidence that I Am A Plonker .........

Wikiposts

Further evidence that I Am A Plonker .........

Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:39 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Further evidence that I Am A Plonker .........

Well, it's official.

Took car a month ago to get wheel bearing fixed and asked blokey to sort it for French driving. So back it comes, first aid kit in the boot, GB stickers plastered everywhere, headlights done, spare bulbs in glove box etc. Brought it back in the dark so didn't look properly. In morning, looked out bedroom window and saw 4 pieces of duct tape stuck from roof downwards to just touching the windscreen. Thought Hm. must be new legislation he knows about and I don't.

Took OH's car in yesterday for MOT, and I drove him in the Clio. Mechanic came out and started to fall about. He said why hadn't I taken the tape off? Apparently, those bits of tape I have been driving round with for over a month were because he re-sealed the top of the rubber round the windscreen cos it was leaking, and he stuck them on to temporarily hold it in place while the glue went off.

Bloody hell, am I daft or what?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:26 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Further evidence that I Am A Plonker .........

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Well, it's official.

Took car a month ago to get wheel bearing fixed and asked blokey to sort it for French driving. So back it comes, first aid kit in the boot, GB stickers plastered everywhere, headlights done, spare bulbs in glove box etc. Brought it back in the dark so didn't look properly. In morning, looked out bedroom window and saw 4 pieces of duct tape stuck from roof downwards to just touching the windscreen. Thought Hm. must be new legislation he knows about and I don't.

Took OH's car in yesterday for MOT, and I drove him in the Clio. Mechanic came out and started to fall about. He said why hadn't I taken the tape off? Apparently, those bits of tape I have been driving round with for over a month were because he re-sealed the top of the rubber round the windscreen cos it was leaking, and he stuck them on to temporarily hold it in place while the glue went off.

Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:41 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on then, you must have done something quite daft at some point in your life m8! Fess up, I need a laugh .................
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:46 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Come on then, you must have done something quite daft at some point in your life m8! Fess up, I need a laugh .................
I have short term memory loss where my f%*k ups are concerned
Don't need to remember cos Kate does it for me
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:50 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it's official.

You should get a job in the Fer-rari F1 pit crew team Their begging for some real professionals.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jan 27th 2009 at 8:59 am.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:56 am
Far Kynelle

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
You should get a job in the *****ri F1 pit crew team Their begging for some real professionals.
Like this?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Ewood

Ouch

I meant Fer-rari, I love to know why the swear filter, Filters out *****ri
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:04 am
Far Kynelle

Ouch

I meant Fer-rari, I love to know why the swear filter, Filters out *****ri
Designed by Italians. The fire is the Benetton crew though!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:06 am

A little hot headed...
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:09 am
Far Kynelle

You should get a job in the Fer-rari F1 pit crew team Their begging for some real professionals.
Looks like hot one! Guess the fire extinguishers are the bees knees though
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:38 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

I once asked for white wine with a red meat main course! God how embarassing.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:39 am
Far Kynelle

Originally Posted by treskillard
I can imagine Stephen Fry saying that!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:47 pm
Grey Bombshell

Well, that figures, the minute you get some mad clothes designers to try to make a proper car what do you expect? Good job it was only Benetton and not Vivienne Westwood - imagine the sort of car she would design? All pink polka dots and little flippin bows with lace edging round the wheels and a tutu sticking out the sunshine roof ................
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:48 pm
Grey Bombshell

Originally Posted by treskillard
Oi you, not after my Phillistine Of The Month award are ye sir?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:25 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Oi you, not after my Phillistine Of The Month award are ye sir?
Your humble servant Madame

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.