Reload this Page >

Fuel - Petrol Stations

Fuel - Petrol Stations

Old May 31st 2012, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

babytillysmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fuel - Petrol Stations

You guys have been really helpful, thank you

I will be filling up with diesel (gazole) so that's yellow right ?

Now just to add confusion to the mix.....

Take a look at this article: http://www.frenchentree.com/fe-lavie...e.asp?ID=21183

Who can explain all those colours?

The coloured nozzle sleeves don't match the coloured bars at the top so which one would be the diesel? Is this typical of a French forecourt?

Last edited by babytillysmum; May 31st 2012 at 7:45 pm. Reason: spelling
Old May 31st 2012, 8:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babytillysmum
You guys have been really helpful, thank you

I will be filling up with diesel (gazole) so that's yellow right ?

Now just to add confusion to the mix.....

Take a look at this article: http://www.frenchentree.com/fe-lavie...e.asp?ID=21183

Who can explain all those colours?

The coloured nozzle sleeves don't match the coloured bars at the top so which one would be the diesel? Is this typical of a French forecourt?
That photo's not very helpful is it?

IIRC gazole is yellow as suggested by everyone else, but since you know you're looking for gazole, why worry about it? The pump will always use that word as well as a colour.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:03 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Just used pump at the local supermarket, 24 hour side. Numbers on screen come up as 1 for standard octane petrol, 2 for higher octane and 3 is for diesel. You select the number and V validate it or A cancel it and you get options for receipts. Once your card has been accepted you will be allocated a value for fuel you can take that has been authorised. Today my level was €119.
Diesel is definitely yellow and the petrols are both green.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

White Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon people. Its not rocket science. If you want diesel, use the one that says gazole. If you want petrol, pick one of the two that are called essence. Who cares what colour they are?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjm
Just used pump at the local supermarket,......Today my level was €119......
Blimey CJM, what do you drive, a Sherman, Hotchkiss or Crusader tank...!!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Some automatic filling stations now no longer require that you choose the type of fuel you wish to pump beforehand, but automatically recognize which one you've chosen when you unhook the nozzle.
It's called progress.
The bloke at the garage where I have my car serviced reckons that around 10% of the trouble he has to solve is due to people putting the wrong kind of fuel in the tank. He says he gets cases every week. So for some people, choosing the right sort does appear to be somewhat akin to rocket science.
PB
Old Jun 1st 2012, 5:04 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Blimey CJM, what do you drive, a Sherman, Hotchkiss or Crusader tank...!!
Vickers Challenger II with hydrostatic steering, drives like a 4x4. The sum I posted was what I could have filled to, but managed to come in at under €50.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:25 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjm
Vickers Challenger II with hydrostatic steering, drives like a 4x4. The sum I posted was what I could have filled to, but managed to come in at under €50.
Like girls every tank has a name.

The only way you can fill one up for £50 is to invade Iran

Sorry but they do not drive like a 4x4 they drive like a tank. Unless I missed a switch or three.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jun 1st 2012 at 11:33 pm.