French values

Old Oct 21st 2020, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French values

Originally Posted by KJMW
I just wonder why, if the teacher thought the lectures were going to cause, or cause offence, they were given in the format they were? Maybe I'm " too British" but a lecture on almost any subject can be given without causing offence. It's a question of diplomatic language. People are very easily offended and often arrive at the wrong conclusions because of the way a subject is discussed. Whatever, he shouldn't have been the subject of a hate campaign and certainly not murdered
I provided the link as an update, I don't really want to carry on the discussion.
However just to recap what I said earlier, I think encouraging young people to learn to debate difficult issues in a class environment is good. The point is precisely that it's NOT about a teacher giving a lecture and using diplomatic language. It's all about kids grappling with controversial topics. Part of growing up in other words..
Apparently the teacher also warned the class in advance of what they would be exposed to and gave them the opportunity to leave. I believe this is common practice in schools, for instance if the teacher plans to show a film with challenging content, the class will be told in advance so that they can talk to their parents and decide whether it's for them or not. Again, knowing when to walk away is an important lesson to learn. For instance I have learned that I should limit my participation in political discussion on forums

Old Oct 21st 2020, 12:04 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
I provided the link as an update, I don't really want to carry on the discussion.
However just to recap what I said earlier, I think encouraging young people to learn to debate difficult issues in a class environment is good. The point is precisely that it's NOT about a teacher giving a lecture and using diplomatic language. It's all about kids grappling with controversial topics. Part of growing up in other words..
Apparently the teacher also warned the class in advance of what they would be exposed to and gave them the opportunity to leave. I believe this is common practice in schools, for instance if the teacher plans to show a film with challenging content, the class will be told in advance so that they can talk to their parents and decide whether it's for them or not. Again, knowing when to walk away is an important lesson to learn. For instance I have learned that I should limit my participation in political discussion on forums
Maybe, as suggested by Cyrian earlier on, the present trend of this thread should be transferred to the TIO forum.
I'm relieved that no one has started a thread here on the recent event, where new info is being announced daily and any comments would soon be out of date. The original "French values" aspect, which was started due to the future home-schooling regulations, has been adequately covered, methinks....
Old Oct 21st 2020, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW
I feel sure you have read about the Crusades? Christians have, throughout history, ventured to foreign lands and slaughtered those of other religions., all in the name of Christianity.!!! Not a nice history to have. Fortunately no one is 'catching up' The odd fanatic doesn't mean a whole religion is bad.
@KJMW. The comment you make above is very controversial, (with or without 3 unecessary exclamation marks), and I suggest this France forum is far from the ideal place.
I've noted for some time that the Take it Outside forum appears to be almost your '2nd home', and as you obviously thrive on controversial comments - which the TIO regulars give you ample fodder for - imho that's the best place for comments of this nature.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Maybe, as suggested by Cyrian earlier on, the present trend of this thread should be transferred to the TIO forum.
I agree, I think it's got beyond "French values" and is heading into TIO territory, where I don't go.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
I agree, I think it's got beyond "French values" and is heading into TIO territory, where I don't go.
I've read without contributing, but agree that this is turning into TIO material.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 1:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

My feeling is that the subject matter has run its course and changed from the original intent so will close the thread.

Rosemary