Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

French TV - Le 'Dragons Den'

French TV - Le 'Dragons Den'

Old Jan 15th 2020, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default French TV - Le 'Dragons Den'

I've always been a great fan of the BBC tv programme Dragons' Den. Never watched in uk, and here don't have a satellite dish or cable tv, but have watched just about every episode on YTube. Great entertainment!
Fwiw, I never enjoyed the US version, Shark Tank. Watched 2 episodes and that was more than enough.
So I'd been waiting some time for the French version, which I feared would be full of time-wasting idle chat that the French appear to be so fond of in many of their tv productions. But - I couldn't have been more wrong!
Last night saw the first programme of Qui veut etre mon associe? on channel M6. And thoroughly enjoyable it was too!
For those who may be interested, below are links to a summary of the programme, and a short clip of one contestant - but wow, wasn't she exciteable and spoke at lightning speed. A real challege to assimilate - even for those up-to-speed with their French, but well worth it. There was one other truly amazing contestant who had the panel of wealthly business people riding on a roller-coaster of emotions and in tears, but I'll say no more.........
Well worth watching.
Link HERE & HERE
For those who missed the programme it's stiil current on 6play.fr
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:05 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French TV - Le 'Dragons Den'

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I've always been a great fan of the BBC tv programme Dragons' Den. Never watched in uk, and here don't have a satellite dish or cable tv, but have watched just about every episode on YTube. Great entertainment!
Fwiw, I never enjoyed the US version, Shark Tank. Watched 2 episodes and that was more than enough.
So I'd been waiting some time for the French version, which I feared would be full of time-wasting idle chat that the French appear to be so fond of in many of their tv productions. But - I couldn't have been more wrong!
Last night saw the first programme of Qui veut etre mon associe? on channel M6. And thoroughly enjoyable it was too!
For those who may be interested, below are links to a summary of the programme, and a short clip of one contestant - but wow, wasn't she exciteable and spoke at lightning speed. A real challege to assimilate - even for those up-to-speed with their French, but well worth it. There was one other truly amazing contestant who had the panel of wealthly business people riding on a roller-coaster of emotions and in tears, but I'll say no more.........
Well worth watching.
Link HERE & HERE
For those who missed the programme it's stiil current on 6play.fr
Must admit I've never heard of Dragon's Den and had no real idea what "Qui veut être mon associé" was when flipping through my TV Magazine, and M6's reputation for poor quality reality-shows put me off...
Which reminds me that I'm often coming across the expression "télécrochet" nowadays, which I presume means the type of talent show regularly shown on TF1?
P.S. I just looked at the links - I bought a birthday card containing seeds last month! Maybe it was the girl's production? (hopefully for her she isn't infringing some one else's Design.....)

Last edited by dmu; Jan 15th 2020 at 6:11 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Generally I can’t stand reality shows. And you’re right about some of those atrocious shows that M6 broadcast.
For example, a short while back Mme TP started watching a few of the first episodes of ‘L’amour est dans le pre’, until in desperation I sabotaged the end of the tv electrical plug. A short while later she took to watching another similar, groan-worthy reality show on the same channel, and I was almost ready to book her in for a brain-transplant when she suddenly came to her senses.
So it was with surprise that ‘Qui veut etre mon associe’ on the same M6 channel, at least ticked all the boxes - for both of us.

Telecrochet are indeed so-called 'talent' shows. Started watching ‘The Voice Kids’ until those with pleasant, unique voices were gradually eliminated, and those frequently sounding like Donald Duck and worse went onto the next rounds. Definitely not my cup of tea.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 7:48 am
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

One very definite plus point for leaving Suisse Romande is that I am no longer able to receive M6.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
One very definite plus point for leaving Suisse Romande is that I am no longer able to receive M6.
Well, glad we're not in you current location. Together with Arte, M6 is one of the channels we watch frequently. Never, ever miss an episode of Turbo (motoring programme par excellence) every Sun morning 11:00 on M6. Zone Interdite and 66 Minutes Grand Format on the same channel also get an honorable mention.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 2:20 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Well, glad we're not in you current location. Together with Arte, M6 is one of the channels we watch frequently. Never, ever miss an episode of Turbo (motoring programme par excellence) every Sun morning 11:00 on M6. Zone Interdite and 66 Minutes Grand Format on the same channel also get an honorable mention.
Fortunately I can get Arte, along with TF1, France 2/3/4/5 and TV5 courtesy of my cable/ISP. I'm "supposed" to be watching Dutch TV though...