Reload this Page >

French Tax Accountant recommendations please

French Tax Accountant recommendations please

Old May 14th 2022, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Happy2findEnglishMustard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default French Tax Accountant recommendations please

Hi

Can anyone recommend an accountant in France (or UK) who can help with my French taxes?

We moved here about a year ago. I'm still employed by my UK reg company and paying my PAYE and NICs. So not sure how that's going to work out.

The accountants I've found so far aren't interested when they find out I'm not a high net worth expat!

Thanks!
Old May 14th 2022, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Tax Accountant recommendations please

Hi
A recently retired colleague used Fiscaly and was happy. They advertise in Connexion magazine
Old May 15th 2022, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I have always found the best solution is to make an appointment at the local tax office. They will explain everything for free and tell you what boxes to write your figures in. They may or may not have experience of cross border workers, it willl depend on where you live, but they have access to all the information.
Don't think HMRC staff, the French tax people are totally different and they really are there to help the public (well all those I've ever come across are). I never saw the point of paying somebody for guidance that you can get for free and from somebody who is probably more knowledgeable, unless your affairs are very complicated indeed (or unless you have an agenda and don't want to tell the taxman everything, not a good idea).
Many tax offices do walk in appointments or you may be able to make an appointment.
Old May 16th 2022, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Happy2findEnglishMustard is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your advice! Hopefully I will get the required help.
Old May 17th 2022, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

You say that you are still employed by your uk company in what capacity and are you working in France ,even remotely.If so then that could throw a big spanner in the works as you should have set up a french business entity surely?
Old May 17th 2022, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Oblible is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

you'll have to fill the 2047 form regarding your foreign income, in addition to the main form 2042.
That's not so difficult ( may be 1 or 2 hours work ), that's why French accountants don't "like" such work and they are more focused on companies accounting.

Thx