Reload this Page >

French Residency and Healthcare Applications

French Residency and Healthcare Applications

Old Nov 10th 2020, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

ronroam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: French Residency and Healthcare Applications

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Fair enough, I must admit I hadn't properly taken in that option. Would it still be the WA RP that you receive or would it be a different one? Not that it matters greatly, I think that whichever CdS you apply for the date you arrived in France is going to be a key factor. Personally I wouldn't be easy in my mind claiming to have arrived on a certain date, knowing that could be disproved.
Thanks. I believe it will be the WA RP. I intend to arrive in December. Not sure what the document referred to that confirms arrival in France?
Old Nov 10th 2020, 3:24 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ronroam
Thanks. I believe it will be the WA RP. I intend to arrive in December. Not sure what the document referred to that confirms arrival in France?
It depends on how you'll be arriving - Ferry ticket/Eurotunnel ticket/Eurostar ticket/plane ticket, and you can ask for your Passport to be stamped wherever, to give weight...
If you're driving and there are still travel restrictions within France, your gf can give you all the up-to-date info and tell you which Attestation to download. Otherwise we'll be posting as and when on the forum...
Old Nov 10th 2020, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
It depends on how you'll be arriving - Ferry ticket/Eurotunnel ticket/Eurostar ticket/plane ticket, and you can ask for your Passport to be stamped wherever, to give weight...
Could be wrong but I thought I'd read somewhere that tickets are not accepted as proof (presumably because you can book a ticket and print it off, and then cancel it or simply not travel).
Bank statements showing transactions in France, maybe?
Old Nov 10th 2020, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G-J-B
Sorry, I confuse myself sometimes. I wasn't sure if WA RP was another CdS to trump all previous CdS's, or whether you need to obtain WA RP to protect certain rights alongside a CdS which everyone (bar myself) seems to already have.
Anyway your answer cleared it all up for me!
Glad it's sorted So basically it's not a case of one CdS trumping another, it's just a case of having the right one for your situation. If you're an Algerian you need the type of CdS that's issued to Algerians. If you're an EU citizen, ditto. If you're a beneficiary of the WA, ditto.
I'm sure you're by no means the only one who hasn't already got a CdS. To be truthful the only reason I got one was because I was about to leave France and I was afraid I would be stuffed and lose all my rights, but I thought if I could wangle a CdS before I left, it might help - and as things have turned out, it's probably saved my bacon.

I probably won't apply myself until the decree passes and lock down finishes, there doesn't seem any need to rush right this moment in time, although I won't cut it too close to the June end date.
If you're not planning on crossing the border any time soon, I see no need to rush either.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Could be wrong but I thought I'd read somewhere that tickets are not accepted as proof (presumably because you can book a ticket and print it off, and then cancel it or simply not travel).
Bank statements showing transactions in France, maybe?
Coming over by plane. Not sure if I can get my passport stamped in order to substantiate arrival. My gf has downloaded all the relevant docs, attestations etc. Bills are being put in joint names and bank account opened. Think I will apply on date of arrival in December after lockdown here.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it's sorted So basically it's not a case of one CdS trumping another, it's just a case of having the right one for your situation. If you're an Algerian you need the type of CdS that's issued to Algerians. If you're an EU citizen, ditto. If you're a beneficiary of the WA, ditto.
I'm sure you're by no means the only one who hasn't already got a CdS. To be truthful the only reason I got one was because I was about to leave France and I was afraid I would be stuffed and lose all my rights, but I thought if I could wangle a CdS before I left, it might help - and as things have turned out, it's probably saved my bacon.

If you're not planning on crossing the border any time soon, I see no need to rush either.
Of course, that does make sense, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of what was applicable to me, but I appreciate it's different for others.

I haven't crossed the border for some years now, so no immediate plans thankfully.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Coming over by plane. Not sure if I can get my passport stamped in order to substantiate arrival. My gf has downloaded all the relevant docs, attestations etc. Bills are being put in joint names and bank account opened. Think I will apply on date of arrival in December after lockdown here.
Sounds like you have it in hand. I would get straight onto the things you can't do in the UK, as soon as you arrive. Things are probably different now, but it took me a couple of months to get a bank account opened, but it was a business not a personal one. These days there are many online banking ones that can be quick to open.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Sounds like you have it in hand. I would get straight onto the things you can't do in the UK, as soon as you arrive. Things are probably different now, but it took me a couple of months to get a bank account opened, but it was a business not a personal one. These days there are many online banking ones that can be quick to open.
Hopefully, I’ve fitted and crossed everything but you never know. The precise date for the healthcare and residency applications is now key. Thanks to you and everyone’s helpful advice.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The deadline for the residency application is end of June I think. But your healthcare needs to have started before 31 December. To be safe you could take out private health insurance until your S1 is registered, then you would be in control of the dates.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

The deadline for the residency application is end of June I think. But your healthcare needs to have started before 31 December. To be safe you could take out private health insurance until your S1 is registered, then you would be in control of the dates.
Appreciate your advice. I understand that with the S1 then healthcare costs can be back dated to date of registration. Can you recommend a private health insurance provider, though? In UK I already have BUPA.
Old Nov 11th 2020, 7:11 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Appreciate your advice. I understand that with the S1 then healthcare costs can be back dated to date of registration. Can you recommend a private health insurance provider, though? In UK I already have BUPA.
Can't help on this question, I've always been in the French S.S. System by dint of working upon arrival.
Potential expats have never come back with feedback as to how they got themselves insured until their Carte Vitale was issued (and yes, until you get your C.V., the Doctor or other medical practitioner will give you brown forms which you send to the CPAM later for reimbursement).
Some one will come along to say whether BUPA insurance would be valid for your applications. But if no one can recommend one of many French Insurance companies to choose from, your gf could google them ("assurance santé privée") and get quotes. Once you're registered with the French S.S., she could also advise you on a Mutuelle (top-up insurance) which is highly advisable, since the S.S. only reimburses about 70% of medical costs, and peanuts for teeth and glasses).
HTH
Old Nov 11th 2020, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dmu
peanuts for teeth and glasses

Sorry - the image of a person with peanuts for teeth made me snort into my coffee.
Old Nov 11th 2020, 8:45 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry - the image of a person with peanuts for teeth made me snort into my coffee.
I didn't read it through properly! And glasses of apéro, come to that...
Old Nov 11th 2020, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Can't help on this question, I've always been in the French S.S. System by dint of working upon arrival.
Potential expats have never come back with feedback as to how they got themselves insured until their Carte Vitale was issued (and yes, until you get your C.V., the Doctor or other medical practitioner will give you brown forms which you send to the CPAM later for reimbursement).
Some one will come along to say whether BUPA insurance would be valid for your applications. But if no one can recommend one of many French Insurance companies to choose from, your gf could google them ("assurance santé privée") and get quotes. Once you're registered with the French S.S., she could also advise you on a Mutuelle (top-up insurance) which is highly advisable, since the S.S. only reimburses about 70% of medical costs, and peanuts for teeth and glasses).
HTH
Thanks. My gf is asking her Mutuelle providers for a quote now.
Old Nov 11th 2020, 9:52 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks. My gf is asking her Mutuelle providers for a quote now.
... but be aware that you can only take out a Mutuelle when you've got your S.S. number. You wouldn't need one beforehand, as you'd have private insurance which would reimburse you, depending on the options that you choose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.