Reload this Page >

French passport for pet, Quarantine concerns post Brexit

French passport for pet, Quarantine concerns post Brexit

Old Jul 28th 2019, 7:50 am
Just Joined

petsoverseas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default French passport for pet, Quarantine concerns post Brexit

Hi,
Just wondering if I need to get dual citizenship for my dog who has a French passport when traveling to UK post Brexit?
Trying to figure out exactly how to avoid the Quarantine for animals without a UK passport when attempting to travel in and out of the UK and the continent.

Any thoughts much appreciated.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French passport for pet, Quarantine concerns post Brexit

Hi
Nobody knows what the case will be with humans post-Brexit so it is unlikely that anyone can answer your question.
Have a look at this site:

UK Govt site

It depends on which country the UK accepts pet passports or not.
I suspect that nothing will change and that EU countries will become countries that the UK recognises.
Ask Boris
Old Jul 28th 2019, 9:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French passport for pet, Quarantine concerns post Brexit

Originally Posted by cyrian View Post
Hi
Nobody knows what the case will be with humans post-Brexit so it is unlikely that anyone can answer your question.
Have a look at this site:

UK Govt site

It depends on which country the UK accepts pet passports or not.
I suspect that nothing will change and that EU countries will become countries that the UK recognises.
Ask Boris
“There will be no change to the current health preparations for pets entering Great Britain from the EU after Brexit.”

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pet-trav...turn-to-the-uk