Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

A french lunch out.

A french lunch out.

Old Dec 15th 2012, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

3 dog night is on a distinguished road
Default A french lunch out.

Todays been a real winters day so we decided to do a bit of shopping in a village we done really go to as the norm in the winter, "But we thought to hell with the weather we're going to have a bite to eat and then a walk around these little hidden shops down the back streets,

We made our minds up long ago to steer clear of the fast food places such as Mc Donalds etc due to the fact the food has no taste to it and you feel hungry a few hours later, plus the junk food has a lot to answer for ref the shape of a lot of American 's we saw once when visiting the states,

today we found a french cafe and it had the tell tale signs it was a good place to eat "ie a lot of locals inside"
We sat down and the place was full of that good feel, a baby in a pram with a smile to light blackpool towers up, table after table full of family eating the french way, lots of laughter, all ages around the tables from young to granny age,
And then the owners daughter came to see what we'd like to eat, all home made and all very tasty.
The eldery mother asked if all was good, and on the way out we we're handed a home made cake each to have later,

What a service, what a warm welcome on a cold winters day
Old Dec 16th 2012, 6:29 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A french luntch out.

Originally Posted by 3 dog night
Todays been a real winters day so we decided to do a bit of shopping in a village we done really go to as the norm in the winter, "But we thought to hell with the weather we're going to have a bite to eat and then a walk around these little hidden shops down the back streets,

We made our minds up long ago to steer clear of the fast food places such as Mc Donalds etc due to the fact the food has no taste to it and you feel hungry a few hours later, plus the junk food has a lot to answer for ref the shape of a lot of American 's we saw once when visiting the states,

today we found a french cafe and it had the tell tale signs it was a good place to eat "ie a lot of locals inside"
We sat down and the place was full of that good feel, a baby in a pram with a smile to light blackpool towers up, table after table full of family eating the french way, lots of laughter, all ages around the tables from young to granny age,
And then the owners daughter came to see what we'd like to eat, all home made and all very tasty.
The eldery mother asked if all was good, and on the way out we we're handed a home made cake each to have later,

What a service, what a warm welcome on a cold winters day

Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Annetje,
Its nice to share some friendly happenings.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 11:05 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Annetje,
Its nice to share some friendly happenings.
And a lovely story it is ... Thanks for sharing !
Old Dec 17th 2012, 1:40 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Could you two please get a room, or at least meet for luntch?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:24 am
Just Joined

typhoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you enjoyed your luntch Would you care to share?? Town and restaurant I mean
Old Dec 17th 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Well, typhoo,
In your case how about Aigurande,
We live only 3 km's from the spar and i know you live in the area, so why not?

I dont know of any scotch food so "you know who will have to have the same as the rest of us,

(Now ive really got you thinking !!!!!!)
Old Dec 17th 2012, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Could you two please get a room, or at least meet for luntch?

How do you know we have'nt
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

typhoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, typhoo,
In your case how about Aigurande,
We live only 3 km's from the spar and i know you live in the area, so why not?

I dont know of any scotch food so "you know who will have to have the same as the rest of us,

(Now ive really got you thinking !!!!!!)
Hmm, First, I know of no restos in Aigurande (would like there to be tho ) Second, we decided to do a bit of shopping in a village we done really go to as the norm in the winter. You do, cos you live there Confused I are noo
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typhoo
Hmm, First, I know of no restos in Aigurande (would like there to be tho ) Second, we decided to do a bit of shopping in a village we done really go to as the norm in the winter. You do, cos you live there Confused I are noo
If I have the department right - Creuse?, a quick Google shows there is a restaurant along Place du Champ de Foire, and one or two other bistros/eateries elsewhere.
My quick snap shows the restaurant - and is that perhaps 3 Dog Night loitering in the entrance......
Attached Thumbnails A french lunch out.-3dognighthideaway.jpg  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: A french luntch out.

Hey nice try Tweedpipe,
out of 10 you get zilch 0,
The place we went for lunch was a villag called Argenton - sur-creuse,
its a famous place for artist as it has the river and a lot of artist live in the apartments, or rent them, the scenery for painting has to be seen and of cause it changes along with the light.

Like a lot of these places in france they die a death in the winter, "But " those lovely summer evenings and weekends make up for the loss during the winter.

Its about 25/30 km's from Aigurade and i think i saw about 6 cars from leaving our home to arriving in Argenton,
The only bad traffic you need to look for is the wild life, ie boar and deer running out into the road.

So pleased you and other's have enjoyed this topic.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:07 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I know this area, it's just close to Chateauroux, and there are some excellent small family run restaurants in the area.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 7:39 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
If I have the department right - Creuse?

My Code Postal book (confirmed by a Google check) and French Atlas both give Aigurande in the 36, but it's right on the border with the 23, and 3 dog night did say in another thread that he went to the Préfecture in Guéret.
I realise that I'm splitting hairs here, but I'm intrigued....
Old Dec 18th 2012, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi dmu,
Your correct Aigurande is in the dept 36, What it is we live just 3 km's over the border and because of this seem to be more of a 36'er than a 23'er person and all our car docs etc have to go to gueret (dept 23)
So as i say you are 100% correct and for this im awarding you a
Old Dec 18th 2012, 8:00 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi dmu,
Your correct Aigurande is in the dept 36, What it is we live just 3 km's over the border and because of this seem to be more of a 36'er than a 23'er person and all our car docs etc have to go to gueret (dept 23)
So as i say you are 100% correct and for this im awarding you a
Thanks for the , it's made my day!
If the 23 Préfecture doesn't mind about a 36 doing business with them, then who am I to quibble?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.