France Telecom / Orange Livebox Issue - New install

France Telecom / Orange Livebox Issue - New install

Old Jan 16th 2011, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

mjksafc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default France Telecom / Orange Livebox Issue - New install

Hi,

Hope someone out there has some advice.

We have finally got our phone line installed, third time lucky, on Tuesday of this week (first engineer couldnt find where the phone line needed to go, the second didn't have a drill ).

The deal we have is with Orange, we get free calls, and broadband thrown in. Both the calls and the broadband go through the livebox.

At the minute my wife is out at the house (i'm stuck here in rainy Warrington ) And she has plugged the livebox in and connected it to the phone port (using the filter) and then plugged our adsl compatible phone into the livebox.

Isnt working though, the @ light is flashing amber every second, and the phone sounds like it has an engaged signal.

I've called france telecom and they say the line is fine. The engineer said (on tues) that the line will be live on thursday.

Has anyone had any similar issues? We dont have a pc out at the house at the minute so cant check the broadband, or enter and username / password that the live box may require?

Yours hopefully

Matt
Old Jan 16th 2011, 3:41 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: France Telecom / Orange Livebox Issue - New install

Originally Posted by mjksafc
Hi,

Hope someone out there has some advice.

We have finally got our phone line installed, third time lucky, on Tuesday of this week (first engineer couldnt find where the phone line needed to go, the second didn't have a drill ).

The deal we have is with Orange, we get free calls, and broadband thrown in. Both the calls and the broadband go through the livebox.

At the minute my wife is out at the house (i'm stuck here in rainy Warrington ) And she has plugged the livebox in and connected it to the phone port (using the filter) and then plugged our adsl compatible phone into the livebox.

Isnt working though, the @ light is flashing amber every second, and the phone sounds like it has an engaged signal.

I've called france telecom and they say the line is fine. The engineer said (on tues) that the line will be live on thursday.

Has anyone had any similar issues? We dont have a pc out at the house at the minute so cant check the broadband, or enter and username / password that the live box may require?

Yours hopefully

Matt
Welcome to the Forum, Basically you have your line in to the exchange installed but the Jumpering from the PSTN Frame to the Dslam needs to be done which will be in a que for an exchange engineer to do. Thats why the light is flashing on the Livebox as until the jumpering is done in the exchange it has got nothing to sync with which in turn is why you cant make calls just yet as the phone service for that tariff is Voip.

Once again Welcome.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Thank you... and cheers for the warm welcome.

That's reassuring, a neighbour mentioned a 10 day wait, but with the engineer saying thurs we werent sure. Thanks for the clarification.

Fingers crossed that next time we are out there all will work.....
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

We had exactly the same problem but when the due date came it still didn't work. We then rang the English speaking helpline and it was sorted within minutes by a very helpful person over the phone..
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Thats great. We're not out again for a couple of months so here's hoping it will be sorted when we get there... We shall take the helpline number with us just in case... Thanks
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

We are having difficulties with orange livebox. It either keeps dropping off line temporarily or the ongoing problem of constant intermittent fault when speaking to anyone on the line. The line cuts out all the time so the person at the other end can only hear every other word. We have spoken to Orange about this so often, and there engineers keep saying it will be fixed by the next day, and so on!!! They say there is a recgnised problem from the exchange which the are trying to fix.
Should we be contacting french telecom also, I am unsure whether this is to do with them? An engineer did come out last week to check the live box but think he was from Orange. If so, is there an english line, like Orange have?
I have now written to Orange for some kind of compensation as we are not able to use our phone much, as we cannot old a conversation with anyone due to such a bad line.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome to the Forum, Basically you have your line in to the exchange installed but the Jumpering from the PSTN Frame to the Dslam needs to be done which will be in a que for an exchange engineer to do. Thats why the light is flashing on the Livebox as until the jumpering is done in the exchange it has got nothing to sync with which in turn is why you cant make calls just yet as the phone service for that tariff is Voip.

Once again Welcome.
Thanks Ka Ora for that edifying explanation. Everything has suddenly become so much clearer. I wonder what the Tunisian girls on the helpline would make of jumpering, PSTNs and Dslams. (A new dance craze?)