Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

France Telecom "Ex Directory"

Wikiposts

France Telecom "Ex Directory"

Old Oct 30th 2012, 4:45 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default France Telecom "Ex Directory"

Can you be "Ex Directory" here and whats it called and can you be on a no solicitation list as it's typically pointless answering the phone at lunch times?
Old Oct 30th 2012, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

White Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: France Telecom "Ex Directory"

Yes you can. I'm not certain but its called something like "Red List". Hopefully someone will come forward to confirm how it works. You can also subscribe to Pacitel. Its a free service that somehow reduces the amount of cold calling you get. It takes a month or two to kick in but as it costs nothing it is worth doing. Here's the link http://www.pacitel.fr/inscription.php
Old Oct 30th 2012, 5:33 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by White Trash
Yes you can. I'm not certain but its called something like "Red List". Hopefully someone will come forward to confirm how it works. You can also subscribe to Pacitel. Its a free service that somehow reduces the amount of cold calling you get. It takes a month or two to kick in but as it costs nothing it is worth doing. Here's the link http://www.pacitel.fr/inscription.php
Yes, la liste rouge
http://agence.francetelecom.com/raci...e_produit.html
As far as I know you have to pay for the privilege. They recommend the Liste Anti-Prospection if it's only cold calling you want to avoid.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 5:39 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by White Trash
Originally Posted by dmu
Yes, la liste rouge
http://agence.francetelecom.com/raci...e_produit.html
As far as I know you have to pay for the privilege. They recommend the Liste Anti-Prospection if it's only cold calling you want to avoid.
Excellent will get us subscribed to that very soon....
Old Oct 30th 2012, 7:58 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Excellent will get us subscribed to that very soon....
Our FT telephone displays the incoming number and we choose whether to answer or not. Sometimes it looks like a genuine number but if you check in the Pages Jaunes (Annuaire inversé), they'll indicate that it is itself ex-directory, i.e. a "pub" (cold-call?), or give the caller's name and address.

Last edited by dmu; Oct 30th 2012 at 8:01 am.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Can you be "Ex Directory" here and whats it called and can you be on a no solicitation list as it's typically pointless answering the phone at lunch times?
I got an SFR box and a new line from FT.
The line was immediately switched to SFR - dégroupé.
My name initially appeared on Pagejaunes but has now disappeared.
I assume because I don't have a FT line.
I have just done an annuaire inversé and my name doesn't appear.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Liste rouge is the one you want.

There is no such thing as a telephone preference scheme though in theory you can go on the Liste Orange which should mean that your number is only available to private callers unless you have asked a firm to call.

It does not work because so many cold calls come from outside France and the number calling is not visible. If the number is withheld then just don't answer it.

If you get a cold call from a French firm then you can, again in theory, report them but I find a blast from a whistle or loud music usually encourages them not to call again. We know our neighbour usually resorts to some well chosen local phrases and my husband's favourite ploy, at meal times, is to say in an outraged tones "Mais nous sommes a table" Seems to work on most French people.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

I have Free and they have an option whereby you can refuse calls from people who have hidden their number. When you ring up with a hidden number a voice says, "this person doesn't wish to receive calls from people who hide their number" and hangs up. Its brilliant and I have no more cold calling at home - best of all its free