Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

France or Spain

Wikiposts

France or Spain

Old Jun 24th 2007, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: France or Spain

Hi

It surprises me that people say there is nothing to do in France, we moved to the Loire Valley 3 years ago and absolutely love it. We have 4 children aged 4 to 10 who are of course bilingual and there isn't really time to be bored! We are farmers though, so have loads of room to play! It is a distinct advantage to have a farm and young children to help with integration into the community, we get invited out to do's frequently, just come back from one, in fact.

When we think what life would be like had we stayed in the UK, well there is just no comparison, we will never go back. Unlike many ex-pats, we came here to farm and have found the better quality of life here a huge bonus. I understand why people want to come here, but when they have young children, use their equity from their UK property to buy over here, then expect to find work, it makes me cringe.