British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Food biz in Paris/France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/food-biz-paris-france-924919/)

Rushrun May 13th 2019 9:33 am

Food biz in Paris/France

Bonjour, I would like to start Food business in Paris, please suggest the do and donts. Thanks in advance

Tweedpipe May 13th 2019 10:38 am

Re: Food biz in Paris/France

Welcome to the forum!
What sort of food business?
Why in Paris, and which location?
From an existing store or food truck or......?
How's your French?
Have you studied in full the details of starting and especially running a buisiness successfully in France?

cyrian May 13th 2019 10:44 am

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
What exactly do you mean "run a food business"?
I suggest that you read through the read me topics at the top of the page:

Moving to France FAQ's

Running a business in France is not easy because France is not very business friendly with high taxation and social charges.
There are also restrictions on working hours.
You are potentially not allowed to operate 7 days a week and if you do then your competitors can and will report you.
Do you speak french well enough to deal with french bureaucracy?
Please do your homework very carefully.
Post crossed with TP's

Rushrun May 13th 2019 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe (Post 12683067)
Welcome to the forum!
What sort of food business?
Why in Paris, and which location?
From an existing store or food truck or......?
How's your French?
Have you studied in full the details of starting and especially running a buisiness successfully in France?

I want to start some fast food snacks store or food truck....would like your valuable suggestions for the same. Thanks

christmasoompa May 13th 2019 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Rushrun (Post 12683095)
I want to start some fast food snacks store or food truck....would like your valuable suggestions for the same. Thanks

People would love to help, but you'll need to give good info to get good info. Those questions will have been asked for a reason.

Good luck with it.

grannybunz May 13th 2019 1:06 pm

Hi and welcome.

I am wondering what experience, qualifications you have in this business.? It would be helpful as has been said to have rather more information. Running such an enterprise anywhere is fraught with difficulties and legal requirements it strikes me it would be even more difficult in Paris.
Good luck anyway.

EuroTrash May 13th 2019 6:34 pm

Can't really contribute a lot beyond what other posters have pointed out - that without knowing more about both the project and your personal circumstances, it's impossible to guess what advice would be useful / relevant to you.
Are you an EU citizen/do you have the automatic right to live and work in France? do you speak fluent French? do you have French or equivalent food hygiene qualifications? do you have experience in running a business? do you have experience in catering? how much funding do you have to invest? how quickly would you need ROI?
Probably it's safe to suggest that you should start talking to a Chambre de Commerce, who should be able to offer you good advice.
Beyond that all I can think of is:
DO research your project carefully, referring to official sources (preferably French government websites where possible) and keeping your own specific circumstances and requirements in mind.
DON'T rely on advice from strangers on forums who know nothing about you beyond that you would like to start some kind of food business in Paris.

petitefrancaise May 13th 2019 11:15 pm

aparently pizza businesses are very popular because of the lack of qualifications needed.
just google "comment ouvrier un food truck en france" it will give you loads of information

Tweedpipe May 14th 2019 7:17 am

On googling similar text to that indicated by petitefrancaise, one question that pops up frequently is:
'Avez-vous les compétences nécessaires pour gérer une entreprise?' / 'Do you have the necessary skills to run a business?'

Methinks we won't hear back from the OP, but I hope I'm wrong.

EuroTrash May 14th 2019 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12683372)
aparently pizza businesses are very popular because of the lack of qualifications needed.
just google "comment ouvrier un food truck en france" it will give you loads of information

For all we know the OP might have loads of qualifications... they didn't say.