FOOD

Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Hannah4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FOOD

Hi all. Im new on here. I was just wondering if there were any foods from the UK that you miss by any chance, or whether there are things you like that are hard to find here. I miss sausages
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FOOD

I have aspergers and need a safety net in food, I miss my Asda pork and beef sausages that have to be deep fat fried. God I miss proper fish n chips too......
But all that is small fry (excuse the pun) compared to the bonuses of being here.
The looks customs people give my visitors when they bring me a couple of packets of sausages lol.

Oh and pickled onion monster munch, sherber fountains........
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:38 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the food in the UK. There's no where to eat out really around where I am of any note and in the local towns I find the food pretty mediocre or expensive in general. I actually think that food here in France is not as good as it used to be 20 years ago - nearly all the old little restaurants have closed down. The best place I've found that is affordable is actually a Restomarche!

Anyhow so from the UK I miss Indian, my favourite kebabs, middle eastern cookery, greasy spoons, vegetarian restaurants and sunday pub lunches.

As for what I can buy in the shops nothing really.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:09 pm
Correze, The Limousin

Chris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond repute

We don't really bother to eat out much in France, we've visited very few restaurants which were worth a second visit - all a bit over-hyped, I think. Can't beat a good home cooked meal, and the ingredients are often fresher and nicer than in the UK. We do miss English sausages, though, and a good Ruby Murray (but we make our own), and a decent bit of Scottish beef. Or any beef for that matter, most of it seems to be as tough as old boots over here unless you slow-cook it for hours. Same with the lamb. Pork's good, though.

Chris
Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:30 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hannah4
Hi all. Im new on here. I was just wondering if there were any foods from the UK that you miss by any chance, or whether there are things you like that are hard to find here. I miss sausages
I always have a binge on fish 'n chips and sausages whenever I go back, but can do without here.
It's nothing to do with food, but I've lived in France for over 30 years and have never found effective equivalents of Mum Roll-on and Germolene, and I always buy up Boots when I go over.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the quick responses. I know what you mean about germolene and for me its tcp aswell.

Ive seen a bar in Dinan if ever you are in Brittany, that sells fish and chips for 7 euros, but i darent try it as the owner was french and i had visions of fish in bread crumbs and french fries. Maybe im wrong.

Ive seen some supermarkets that sell pataks or sharwoods curry sauces if that helps. They are in the world food section normally.

I also have sudden cravings for cadburys and British crisps and condiments.
Hope to hear from you soon
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:01 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Very sorry if this will upset you all.
But why stay in France then,or better still why did you come.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

This may upset you, but why waste your time making flippant remarks. Surely we have the right to discuss whatever we want without people like you seeming more french than the french. We all have the right to live and work in France, and the right to miss things.Just because we miss a sausage , or a cadbury chocolate bar, does that mean we shouldnt be here? I think not
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

This may upset you, but why waste your time making flippant remarks. Surely we have the right to discuss whatever we want without people like you seeming more french than the french. We all have the right to live and work in France, and the right to miss things.Just because we miss a sausage , or a cadbury chocolate bar, does that mean we shouldnt be here? I think not
Welcome to BE Hannah4! Please try to ignore any "pointless/unthoughtful/waste of time and energy" comments some people make, it appears that some peole just don't think of what they are writing before they write it. I have been a member here for a good few months now and have found loads of useful info so don't be put off by people that don't engage their brain before they type so to speak!

Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:10 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

please do-not worry you will not upset me. it is a free country so we all are free to talk as we see it.

n`est pas.

Last edited by stanage2; Jul 31st 2008 at 7:19 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:44 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stanage2
please do-not worry you will not upset me. it is a free country so we all are free to talk as we see it.

n`est pas.
Here Here Stanage

Please people stop thinking that there is something other than a perfectly normal oddness about Stanage's dry sense of humour and niggling comments.

Also no one has yet established if he be British in France or French in Britain or just on holiday from reality and parked in limbo off the A20.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by treskillard
Here Here Stanage

Please people stop thinking that there is something other than a perfectly normal oddness about Stanage's dry sense of humour and niggling comments.

Also no one has yet established if he be British in France or French in Britain or just on holiday from reality and parked in limbo off the A20.
Now Tres.That is not nice,people will start thinking,then they will forget that they are Brits.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:02 pm
down under where

Now Tres.That is not nice,people will start thinking,then they will forget that they are Brits.
Do you know I think we may have been married in a past life.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by treskillard
Do you know I think we may have been married in a past life.

No
This is my first and only life.

God forgive that we come round again.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:08 pm
down under where

No
This is my first and only life.

God forgive that we come round again.
You're maybe divorced from your first life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.