Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Flybe announces new baggage policy

Flybe announces new baggage policy

Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

simonk has a brilliant futuresimonk has a brilliant futuresimonk has a brilliant futuresimonk has a brilliant futuresimonk has a brilliant futuresimonk has a brilliant future
Default Flybe announces new baggage policy

For those of you who have a holiday home in France or who live in France and travel back to the UK regularly I thought I'd pass on a bit of info I've just read.

Flybe, who fly direct from Birmingham to Perpignan, as well as other airports such as Avignon and Toulouse has increased it's hold baggage allowance to 25kg per person, some 10kg more than Ryanair.

To accommodate this increase in capacity Flybe has decided to charge it's customers for putting their bags in the hold. This costs £2 per bag per each way flight. Simply book in your baggage and pay for it at the time of booking and the cost will be added to the overall price of your flights. If you choose to book your hold baggage in at check in, the cost will be £4 per bag per each way flight.

In addition to this, Flybe has increased carry on luggage allowance to 10kg per person in one bag only. For more information, go to www.flybe.com

Hope this is useful
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flybe announces new baggage policy

I always travel Squeezyjet, always had 25 kls hold and anything hand luggage, as long as it fits into check in frame and you can lift it into storage racks on plane
Old Dec 18th 2005, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
I always travel Squeezyjet, always had 25 kls hold and anything hand luggage, as long as it fits into check in frame and you can lift it into storage racks on plane

i had an issue with air france once.

wheelchair is baggage !!!! IT SO IS NOT!!! or excess that fat woman in the queue behind .... she must be at least THREE people!

then 'with no baggage' my tiny small flight bag had to be hoofed in some hole beside the door as the overheads would hold maybe a small shoe!!!

mmmmmmmm grrrrrrrrrrr

and as I was travelling with a disabled person......... i had to carry him down steps then up into the plane, how humiliating. I am sure they fed the fat bird all the way into the plane with candy bars
Old Dec 18th 2005, 7:13 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourgogne
i had an issue with air france once.

wheelchair is baggage !!!! IT SO IS NOT!!! or excess that fat woman in the queue behind .... she must be at least THREE people!

then 'with no baggage' my tiny small flight bag had to be hoofed in some hole beside the door as the overheads would hold maybe a small shoe!!!

mmmmmmmm grrrrrrrrrrr

and as I was travelling with a disabled person......... i had to carry him down steps then up into the plane, how humiliating. I am sure they fed the fat bird all the way into the plane with candy bars
Thats terrible, so now you give them a miss, I bet.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
Thats terrible, so now you give them a miss, I bet.

they dont fly anything to of from Lyon now so not really to be missed!

so disgusted tho, not like would you like a hand? no i'll manage hes about 100kgs and i'm 60, that fat bird must have been 250
at LEAST

sorry fat people sould have a limit then pay extra! I cant smoke YOU cant eat, thats fair?

its not medical its americaniZms syndrome