Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Eymet..............any english?

Eymet..............any english?

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all
Wink Eymet..............any english?

Hiya me and hubby were wondering if there were a lot of english people in Eymet or in the local primary and secondary schools for my children. Also what age do the children start school and is it like the uk terms?
Thanks everybody.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:53 am
Just Joined

loshad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Eymet..............any english?

Hi Mcmorrow family!

Try going onto the forums at totalfrance and the france forum [hope I'm allowed to mention them!
Eymet is full of English people - so much so that some would avoid it!
However, I have just had a beautiful new house built in a little village nearby and can thoroughly recommend the builders and the area.
Eymet is ideal because it has large supermarket, two garages, a weekly market and many clubs and societies for English speakers.
There is also a handy local airport at Bergerac, and many market towns around - one for every day of the week!
I can also highly recommend a wonderful, efficient solicitor who handled my land purchase - he has an English speaking secretary if needed.
I am really looking forward to moving in next Spring.
I have already made friends by going onto forums and finding out about the area.
Best wishes with your move!

Gill
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Grand Fromage is on a distinguished road

I don't think you'll have a problem finding English speaking people in Eymet. I have a friend who lived there for a while whilst he was renting and looking for somewhere to live. He had no trouble at all finding English speaking expats.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loshad
Hi Mcmorrow family!

Try going onto the forums at totalfrance and the france forum [hope I'm allowed to mention them!
Eymet is full of English people - so much so that some would avoid it!
However, I have just had a beautiful new house built in a little village nearby and can thoroughly recommend the builders and the area.
Eymet is ideal because it has large supermarket, two garages, a weekly market and many clubs and societies for English speakers.
There is also a handy local airport at Bergerac, and many market towns around - one for every day of the week!
I can also highly recommend a wonderful, efficient solicitor who handled my land purchase - he has an English speaking secretary if needed.
I am really looking forward to moving in next Spring.
I have already made friends by going onto forums and finding out about the area.
Best wishes with your move!

Gill
Not a good idea to join one forum and recommend another. ;-((
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all

Thankyou so much for yr advice, its nice to know we're not the only english family moving over there. We should be there about march/april next year if all goes well.
Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

Its a bit like an Urdu forum asking if there are any Bangladeshi in Bradford
Old Aug 4th 2009, 1:28 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcmorrow1
Hiya me and hubby were wondering if there were a lot of english people in Eymet or in the local primary and secondary schools for my children. Also what age do the children start school and is it like the uk terms?
Thanks everybody.
Sorry, didn't notice you had another post!
I can only help as far as general schooling is concerned. Children can start at Maternelle at 3 years old, then Primaire at 6 (compulsory).
I've never had children in England, but know that French terms differ from the English in that the holidays are much longer (the school days being much longer, too). There are the 8-9 weeks summer holidays, 10 days or so around the 1st November, about 2 weeks over Christmas/New Year, two weeks in February/March (staggered in 3 zones in France), two weeks in the Spring (likewise staggered in 3 zones) which sometimes includes the Easter weekend but more often doesn't. Eymet would be in the Académie of Bordeaux, I presume, so you're in Zone C, together with Paris and the Paris Region.
Hope I've helped!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info you've given us you have been a great help.
cheers