Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Eurovision Song Contest

Eurovision Song Contest

Old May 23rd 2021, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Eurovision Song Contest

Don't know how many of you watched the subject contest last night. Many years ago I used to enjoy it, but in recent years I have better things to do with my valuable time.
Mme TP however enjoys it, and was delighted to see that France were very highly placed in the scoring for a change. They came 2nd.
Now it must be said that not only have the UK isolated themselves from Europe, they've now become the laughing stock of Eurovision. In fact the only country finishing with nul points, and having since listened to the song and the atrocious singer, a deserved result. Nice one Boris!
I bet Terry Wogan is turning in his grave.
Old May 24th 2021, 7:25 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Don't know how many of you watched the subject contest last night. Many years ago I used to enjoy it, but in recent years I have better things to do with my valuable time.
Mme TP however enjoys it, and was delighted to see that France were very highly placed in the scoring for a change. They came 2nd.
Now it must be said that not only have the UK isolated themselves from Europe, they've now become the laughing stock of Eurovision. In fact the only country finishing with nul points, and having since listened to the song and the atrocious singer, a deserved result. Nice one Boris!
I bet Terry Wogan is turning in his grave.
No, I didn't watch it, but did read that one of the Italian winners is suspected of taking drugs in situ. If this is proved, then the French "new Edith Piaf" will be the winner!
Old May 26th 2021, 8:57 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
No, I didn't watch it, but did read that one of the Italian winners is suspected of taking drugs in situ. If this is proved, then the French "new Edith Piaf" will be the winner!
I have to say that the reporting of the drugs use was very biased. For example even when BBC breakfast reported that the cocaine drugs test proved negative.... the video showing him leaning down to pick up the fallen glass was done in slow motion so it looked like he was nose down on the table for a long time. This is bad reporting I think. Or maybe I'm getting hacked off with fake news and sensationalising the news.

I'm no big fan of Eurovision, but it was on the TV and I slept through it all, but the first song and the final result! Though in the follow up videos the special effects were stunning.

But well done Italy.

Jon
Old May 26th 2021, 9:22 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I have to say that the reporting of the drugs use was very biased. For example even when BBC breakfast reported that the cocaine drugs test proved negative.... the video showing him leaning down to pick up the fallen glass was done in slow motion so it looked like he was nose down on the table for a long time. This is bad reporting I think. Or maybe I'm getting hacked off with fake news and sensationalising the news.

I'm no big fan of Eurovision, but it was on the TV and I slept through it all, but the first song and the final result! Though in the follow up videos the special effects were stunning.

But well done Italy.

Jon
The French news only showed a still, which wasn't conclusive. The French singer didn't make any demands and, as it turned out, all's well that ended well for the Italians. Apart from missing out on the prestige of winning, I think France must be quite relieved that they won't be hosting the expensive event next year!