Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

European Blue Card (Carte Bleue Européenne)

European Blue Card (Carte Bleue Européenne)

Old Dec 23rd 2019, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

MichaelDufenberg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default European Blue Card (Carte Bleue Européenne)

Hello All,

I currently work in France with the European Blue Card (Carte Bleue Européenne). I have been on the card since January. I have heard that people with this work permit are obliged to remain with their eomployer for a minimum of 2 years.

However, I have also heard that some people have suceeded in changing employers after 1 year.

Does anyone have any experience with this as I am considering changig employers for family reasons.

Secondly, has anyone sucessfully applied for citizenship after being on the carte blue and working in France for a minimum of 5 years?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: European Blue Card (Carte Bleue Européenne)

I have no definitive answers to your queries. However I understand that the European Blue Card (also known as the Passport Talent) is not easy to procure, and you have obviously done so in having a specific sought-after qualification.
I'm guessing now, but to relinquish your current employment could possibly nullify the Blue Card. I say this as a Blue Card can be withdrawn if certain criteria are not met. Some of these conditions are; If your employer has defrauded / Your docs prove to be false / If you no longer meet the required conditions etc.
I advise you to take this up with some legal body who can certainly advise you further.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

MichaelDufenberg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: European Blue Card (Carte Bleue Européenne)

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe View Post
I have no definitive answers to your queries. However I understand that the European Blue Card (also known as the Passport Talent) is not easy to procure, and you have obviously done so in having a specific sought-after qualification.
I'm guessing now, but to relinquish your current employment could possibly nullify the Blue Card. I say this as a Blue Card can be withdrawn if certain criteria are not met. Some of these conditions are; If your employer has defrauded / Your docs prove to be false / If you no longer meet the required conditions etc.
I advise you to take this up with some legal body who can certainly advise you further.

thank you very much for your feedback. I will research.