EURO rate

Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:38 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EURO rate

Val, that's hilarious, I reckon the crowd were clapping at the end cos he was finished - poor old Novo will need a headache pill this morning for sure if he had an evening of that!!

Yay, Stan! Yep, I'm following the euro thing as well, keeping everything crossed it keeps up it's upward crawl which will make our 100,000 euros stretch a bit further - we might even get an indoor loo with the French house at this rate, although from what I've seen in the past it might be more prudent to get an outside one and use the pegs for the washing instead of on me nose!!

Reminds me of one house we looked at near Belves (Dordogne). We were actually looking at the one nearby, and the bloke had an "A vendre" sign on the gate and he was outside when we passed and we got talking to him and he offered to show us around - he was SO proud of his place, and, granted it had a lovely setting and a great bit of land and I was kind of falling for it until we went inside. It was totally unbelievable, but in the bedroom on the ground floor, he actually shoved the bed to one side and lifted a trap door which we thought was the cellar but he kept saying "la fosse, la fosse" really proudly.

Turns out it was the septic tank. Needless to say we left pretty sharpish without having a cup of coffee or a piece of the dodgy looking chocolate cake he was offering .............
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
I'm popping out to join the street party. So if you never hear from me again, at least you know what happened.

Tschuess.
you know you'd miss us all too much to stay away for long
You gone local yet and wearing leiderhose
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OSUgJI...eature=related
That's the stuff. You can see more of it here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdIJU...eature=related

If you stop the video at 51 sec, you can see me. I'm the one with the Napoleon hat who is steadfastly refusing to join in the Schaukeling.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:50 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Val, that's hilarious, I reckon the crowd were clapping at the end cos he was finished - poor old Novo will need a headache pill this morning for sure if he had an evening of that!!
Ha! I can hold my own with a bunch of rabid German football supporters. I'm from the Toon.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:05 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, Novo, of all of us you are probably more able to cope with "rabid German footballers" than anyone! (well praps not better than Ka Ora who would probably shoot em and roast em on his bar b que along with the neighbour's goat!!).

I bet it was a really interesting experience anyway, and glad to see you surfaced ok after all that wondrous German bier.

What would folk predict will happen to the Euro/Pound rate if we get the interest rate cut we are expecting on Thursday? Just heard Richard Branson on News channel saying he tried to get his 400 million out of one of the banks, only to be told "nope, can't have it yet". He said he thought that an interest rate of at least 1% is necessary. That's quite drastic, isn't it?

I am just glad I actually listened (for once) to my Mad Aunt's money whizz husband and kept my £3.58 safe and sound in Lloyds ......
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:08 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course, Novo, of all of us you are probably more able to cope with "rabid German footballers" than anyone! (well praps not better than Ka Ora who would probably shoot em and roast em on his bar b que along with the neighbour's goat!!).

I bet it was a really interesting experience anyway, and glad to see you surfaced ok after all that wondrous German bier.

What would folk predict will happen to the Euro/Pound rate if we get the interest rate cut we are expecting on Thursday? Just heard Richard Branson on News channel saying he tried to get his 400 million out of one of the banks, only to be told "nope, can't have it yet". He said he thought that an interest rate of at least 1% is necessary. That's quite drastic, isn't it?

I am just glad I actually listened (for once) to my Mad Aunt's money whizz husband and kept my £3.58 safe and sound in Lloyds ......
Lucky you,what about my 78p thats in the Bradford and Bingley
(I was going to invent an even bigger amount...say 2 quid,but don't have a pound sign,stupid portuguese keyboard )
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:13 pm
Grey Bombshell

Sweetie, you watch out - they'll have that 78p regardless - I'd get it out right now if it was me - that's 3.4 cigarettes, that is.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:15 pm

Sweetie, you watch out - they'll have that 78p regardless - I'd get it out right now if it was me - that's 3.4 cigarettes, that is.
I do like a girl who can work out fag prices at a startling pace
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:16 pm
Grey Bombshell

I can smoke em even faster unfortunately!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:17 pm
Grey Bombshell

Hey, Cleri, if you smoke, and have savings with B&B, you might be able to roll up the share certificates and smoke em - probably worth about the same now!!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:24 pm

Hey, Cleri, if you smoke, and have savings with B&B, you might be able to roll up the share certificates and smoke em - probably worth about the same now!!
Hummm,cunning plan...I'm usually a marlboro light girl but any port in a storm.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:06 pm
Grey Bombshell

Yep, any old port will do too, I remember being caught without fags on a dratted camping trip when I was about 18 and a volunteer youth club worker. Ran out of em at midnight, nowhere in sight, no one to rob, so I found an ingenious way of rolling up Earl Grey tea bags and smoked them. You have to watch out for your hair, but they weren't a bad substitute.

Had nicotine withdrawal in the morning though, should have used the coffee bags .........
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:35 pm
Born again atheist

Yep, any old port will do too, I remember being caught without fags on a dratted camping trip when I was about 18 and a volunteer youth club worker. Ran out of em at midnight, nowhere in sight, no one to rob, so I found an ingenious way of rolling up Earl Grey tea bags and smoked them. You have to watch out for your hair, but they weren't a bad substitute.

Had nicotine withdrawal in the morning though, should have used the coffee bags .........
<Tries to unboggle mind.>
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:16 pm
Grey Bombshell

Sorry - are you "boggled" by me smoking tea bags or your hangover

Coffee bags can be smoked in order to get the caffeine blast which will help to stop you craving for nicotine in a cigarette.

You are definitely a non-smoker - smokers have all got similar (and sometimes much more frightening and risque) tales of "being caught short" and what they did! Smoking tea and coffee bags is quite tame my friend!!

I won't tell you what my Mad Aunt in Oxford used to do, but it involved magic mushrooms, some sort of humongous fungus on a tree in Whytam Woods and she used to make Loostrife Tea that helped one (let's say) "relax".

A trip to her totally madhouse on Boar's Hill was always hilarious in one way or another.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:44 pm

Sorry - are you "boggled" by me smoking tea bags or your hangover

Coffee bags can be smoked in order to get the caffeine blast which will help to stop you craving for nicotine in a cigarette.

You are definitely a non-smoker - smokers have all got similar (and sometimes much more frightening and risque) tales of "being caught short" and what they did! Smoking tea and coffee bags is quite tame my friend!!

I won't tell you what my Mad Aunt in Oxford used to do, but it involved magic mushrooms, some sort of humongous fungus on a tree in Whytam Woods and she used to make Loostrife Tea that helped one (let's say) "relax".

A trip to her totally madhouse on Boar's Hill was always hilarious in one way or another.
I think i know her
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:44 pm

If I was desperate,I could maybe smoke the daily mail......however,the guardian would be favourite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.