Wikiposts

English TV

Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:29 am
Just Joined

kat_lewis87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English TV

Hi,

I'm new to the site so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered.

Me and my partner are moving to Montpellier at the end of August for a year. We have yet to find somewhere to live but we are hoping to find a small flat.

With regards to getting English TV while we are out there I have read previous posts about needing a dish, do you think it would be possible to get one put up on a rental property?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 28th 2009, 4:27 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English TV

Originally Posted by kat_lewis87
Hi,

I'm new to the site so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered.

Me and my partner are moving to Montpellier at the end of August for a year. We have yet to find somewhere to live but we are hoping to find a small flat.

With regards to getting English TV while we are out there I have read previous posts about needing a dish, do you think it would be possible to get one put up on a rental property?

Thanks in advance
That will depend on the Owner or Lease holder and the shear accessibility of placing a dish somewhere within cabling reach of a satellite receiver. all you can do is ask when you find somewhere to rent.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:36 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, have you found somewhere in MTP?

Even if the landlord and/or "Syndic" (appart. block administrator) does allow you to instal a satellite dish, I'm wondering whether it's worth it, just for a year?
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 1:47 am
Just Joined

sueski is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kat_lewis87
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Hi, if you find a satellite system is too expensive or not allowed by landlord etc. there are alternatives. We have a package with free.fr as our internet provider. Approx 30 euros per month. The pacage gives free unlimited phone calls to 100 plus countries and loads of tv channels, like a freeview digi-box in UK, plus our broadband internet connection. The tv channels are mostly french, but you get sky news and a couple of Christian channels (inc. the excellent god tv), but there are one or two good 'add-ons' which are really cheap. e,g, BBC World and CNN are about 25 cents per month, while BBC Prime gives you loads of good (though constantly repeated!) BBC progs (drame, comedy, documentaries, even soaps) and costs 1.99 euros per month. And TF1 and Arte, two of the main channels in France, both show some progs. with an option to watch in English on your remote. e,g CSI on TF1. Hope this help. (-:
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

hi there
just a comment on that - yes the idea of internet tv is good but at the moment it is not available everywhere. We would love it and one would think that being on the outskirts of toulouse there would be no problem; however it has not reached here yet and could be some time yet;
just a thought; sorry to be a damp squib
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

A well kept secret?
Try this link
http://www.tv-direct.fr/royaume_uni.php
I know you can watch SKY News on that 'cos I just retried it.
Got Eurosport in English, too.

Some of the others listed may not be available or blocked by the transmitters??
didn't try clicking on the whole list.

You can get the occasional channels from all over the world too, but it's a bit
pot luck!! Some US channels like Fow News come up well.

Last edited by Roger O; Aug 3rd 2009 at 3:34 am.