English speaking Doctor required in Caen area

Wikiposts

English speaking Doctor required in Caen area

Old Sep 4th 2012, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Clare73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English speaking Doctor required in Caen area

Hello,

I have recently moved to Saint Aubin and need an English speaking Doctor in the Caen area. Can anybody recommend one?

Thanks for reading.

Clare
Old Sep 4th 2012, 10:20 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English speaking Doctor required in Caen area

Originally Posted by Clare73
Hello,

I have recently moved to Saint Aubin and need an English speaking Doctor in the Caen area. Can anybody recommend one?

Thanks for reading.

Clare
Hi, presume you mean St Aubin sur Mer? If no one responds, then les Pages Jaunes are your friends for a list of Doctors and you'd have to ring up to find out whether any speak English. Due to the vicinity of the UK, you'll probably have more luck than some one in deepest France!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Clare73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I mean Saint Aubin Sur Mer!

Thanks for the advice DMU. If nobody can suggest one then I will try Pages Jaunes.

Clare
Old Sep 6th 2012, 10:58 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clare73
Yes I mean Saint Aubin Sur Mer!

Thanks for the advice DMU. If nobody can suggest one then I will try Pages Jaunes.

Clare
Oh, that's where you are! I have a cousin by marriage who lives in Douvres-la-Deliverande, just down the road. If you have no luck I could ask him.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

jollygood is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Clare,
I lived in Caen for almost 5 years and only recently moved with my family to Lyon.

I am afraid I am not aware of any English-speaking doctors in the Caen aerea but if you need any information on life in Caen, please send me a Private message.

Take care
Old Oct 13th 2012, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Clare73
I can sympathise with your search for an english speaking doctor because especially for medical issues a full understanding of what you are being told is essential.
Even with a good working knowledge of french and with good vocabulary, many of the terms used will be unknown.
However, if it difficult for us to understand medical terms in french then it may also difficult for french doctors to explain to you in english with 100% accuracy what they wish to convey.
I meet many french professionals who never speak with me in english.
However, if I get stuck for a word then they are frequently happy to help me in english.
Basically, they are not confident in english.
The Living France magazine from time-to-time carries articles with useful words and phrases for different situations e.g. "at the midwife's"; "at the pharmacy"; "at the hospital".
I suspect that the end result will be a consultation which is a mixture of english and french.
Good luck
Old Oct 14th 2012, 1:06 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian
Even with a good working knowledge of french and with good vocabulary, many of the terms used will be unknown.
Even your average Frenchman sometimes has problems understanding what the French Doc is saying!