Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

English man seeks new friends in the Mayenne area.

English man seeks new friends in the Mayenne area.

Old Aug 4th 2018, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Steve369 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English man seeks new friends in the Mayenne area.

I live in Leeds in West Yorkshire, but I am currently buying a plot of land near Lassay-les-Chateaux and I will be visiting France more often in the near future and possibly moving to the Pays de la Loire region in a few years time. Therefore I'd like to make some new friends in France, either expat British or French friends, especially people in the Pays de la Loire or Normandy regions but also from any other regions of France.
Old Aug 4th 2018, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English man seeks new friends in the Mayenne area.

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum.
The best way to meet people and make friends is by joining a club.
You say that you are buying a plot of land which I expect that you intend building a home on.
Please make sure that your proposed plot has permission to build and that you will have access to all the necessary services.
You also have to check if any locals have grazing rights on the land and that you have a right of way onto your land.
It is advisable to fence off any land with signs stating "private property".
France is a BIG country and people are not as dense on the ground as in the UK.
Having friends in other regions of France is ok but you may not see them very often.
HTH
Old Aug 4th 2018, 2:52 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve369
I live in Leeds in West Yorkshire, but I am currently buying a plot of land near Lassay-les-Chateaux and I will be visiting France more often in the near future and possibly moving to the Pays de la Loire region in a few years time. Therefore I'd like to make some new friends in France, either expat British or French friends, especially people in the Pays de la Loire or Normandy regions but also from any other regions of France.
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Go along to your Mairie and ask for a list of Clubs and Associations - there are sure to be some that you could join and make friends with people with the same interests.
If we can help with any other questions, for example building on your plot of land, don't hesitate to ask!
Post crossed with Cyrian's!
Old Aug 6th 2018, 5:47 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve369
Euromayenne will be right up your street I'm pretty sure there is a English painting and drawing club that meets up around there as well.

Last edited by Chatter Static; Aug 6th 2018 at 5:51 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Steve369 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies, Cryian, dmu and Chatter Static, Euromayenne sounds like just the organisation I'm looking for, I shall subscribe and sign up.

Thanks again!

Steve
Old Aug 6th 2018, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve. I'm in Normandy and I used to know Leeds well. Of the two, I far prefer Normandy