Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Emissions charges on vehicles ...

Wikiposts

Emissions charges on vehicles ...

Old Oct 29th 2012, 12:17 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emissions charges on vehicles ...

... can't seem to find this in searches, but in a friend's brain cell is a memory of a website that lists all vehicles re age, engine, fuel, size and emissions and the charges for registering those in France. My friend has a new eco-friendly 4x4, but the charges were considerable, approaching €2K.
I am looking to bring in a fresh (to me) 4x4 and guidance in this area would be most helpful. Thanks.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emissions charges on vehicles ...

These links may help, although I can't vouch that they are still current.
http://www.paperblog.fr/405516/bonus...se-co2-et-fap/

http://www.24pm.fr/antipollution/voi...-l-ecopastille

In addition a reform of the bonus-malus was announced in July 2012, to include higher penalties for 2013. Details of these to my knowledge are not yet known.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this recently updated link.
http://www.avem.fr/index.php?page=aides&cat=bonus
Old Oct 31st 2012, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Garonne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud of

To see how much it would cost to register an imported vehicle into France you can find out on www.carte-grise.org
Old Oct 31st 2012, 5:41 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garonne
To see how much it would cost to register an imported vehicle into France you can find out on www.carte-grise.org
Cheers Lot et ....
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

The 2013 changes are here:

http://www.developpementdurable.com/...e-en-2013.html

Also more info on current fees here:

http://france.angloinfo.com/transpor...emissions-tax/

Don't forget the Malus annuel or 'éco-pastille' of €160/pa for vehicles with emissions of 250gm or over
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 10:08 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
The 2013 changes are here:

http://www.developpementdurable.com/...e-en-2013.html

Also more info on current fees here:

http://france.angloinfo.com/transpor...emissions-tax/

Don't forget the Malus annuel or 'éco-pastille' of €160/pa for vehicles with emissions of 250gm or over
Thanks for that, it will help others as well as me.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Montyvator is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all

CO2 Emission charges....This info does not apply for 4 x 4 vehicles. If I understand correctly cars with less then 100g emission this is the cost.

We purchased a new car with emission of just 97g. We need to pay only €180 Euro One-Off fee on registration of the car and that is it. No more CO2 emission charges.

I think all of us need to down size now and help wherever we can with CO2 emission.
Kind regards / Montyvator
Old Nov 9th 2012, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Montyvator
Dear all

CO2 Emission charges....This info does not apply for 4 x 4 vehicles. If I understand correctly cars with less then 100g emission this is the cost.

We purchased a new car with emission of just 97g. We need to pay only €180 Euro One-Off fee on registration of the car and that is it. No more CO2 emission charges.

I think all of us need to down size now and help wherever we can with CO2 emission.
Kind regards / Montyvator
I'm a little confused here.
Montyvator, unless I'm mistaken your brand new car with 97g emission would have qualified for a bonus (believe it was €400) as the emission falls between the range 91-110g CO2, and this together with the registration (carte-grise) fee probably resulted in the €180 payable amount that you indicate. You are indeed right that it is a one-off payment for the eco-tax.
Do I then understand you are saying that there are no emission charges on the purchase of a brand new 4x4? if so, this surely cannot be correct. Many 4x4 vehicles have pretty large engines which often (but not always) means an increase in the CO2 emission. Above the 141gr CO2 threshold a penalty became payable - irrespective of the number of driven wheels - and this during 2013 will change to a more severe 136gr -140gr first threshold, up to a max penalty threshold of >200gr.
I'm no expert on the subject, so if I've misunderstood the system I'm more than ready to be corrected.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Montyvator is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I'm a little confused here.
Montyvator, unless I'm mistaken your brand new car with 97g emission would have qualified for a bonus (believe it was €400) as the emission falls between the range 91-110g CO2, and this together with the registration (carte-grise) fee probably resulted in the €180 payable amount that you indicate. You are indeed right that it is a one-off payment for the eco-tax.
Do I then understand you are saying that there are no emission charges on the purchase of a brand new 4x4? if so, this surely cannot be correct. Many 4x4 vehicles have pretty large engines which often (but not always) means an increase in the CO2 emission. Above the 141gr CO2 threshold a penalty became payable - irrespective of the number of driven wheels - and this during 2013 will change to a more severe 136gr -140gr first threshold, up to a max penalty threshold of >200gr.
I'm no expert on the subject, so if I've misunderstood the system I'm more than ready to be corrected.

Hi Tweedpipe.
Sorry that you have miss-understood my message, so here is a bit more clarification...
1. I do not know about emission charges for 4x4 vehicles...But you have provided some more info on it.

2. Yes we have a refund of €200 given to us on our new car and one-fee for eco tax will be €180.

I hope that is clear from what I know...

Kind regards | Montyvator