E108 form

Old Oct 7th 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

gmhla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E108 form

Hi folks i am new to this site, and i need help, I have just taken my S1 form into l'Assurance Maladie saone-et-loire, and got a letter back saying I need a E108 form, I have contacted UK they say I don't,it is for someone that wants to cut off ties with the UK, has anyone else had a problem (I got the S1 because I am now 65, I was on a E121 ).
gmhla
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E108 form

Welcome to BE and good luck with your question, no idea of the answer as this is just a place to introduce yourselves...

Might want to have a search around and then post in the EU part of the forum...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76 That's the sub forum for France
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:48 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmhla
Hi folks i am new to this site, and i need help, I have just taken my S1 form into l'Assurance Maladie saone-et-loire, and got a letter back saying I need a E108 form, I have contacted UK they say I don't,it is for someone that wants to cut off ties with the UK, has anyone else had a problem (I got the S1 because I am now 65, I was on a E121 ).
gmhla
Hi and welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy being part of our community.

I've moved your thread into the France forum and hopefully someone will be along who can help with your query.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

That's a new one.

Form E108 is issued by the relevant authority of a Member State to notify another Member State of the suspension or withdrawal of the right to benefits and cancels the previously registered form with effect from a specific date.

Your comment "I got the S1 because I am now 65, I was on a E121"is puzzling, were you previously on an E121 because you were in receipt of disability benefits I wonder ?
Old Oct 8th 2011, 6:49 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

gmhla
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Sorry I know nothing about the various forms, but wondered how long you've been in France, are you planning to stay here forever more?
Maybe a few more details about your personal situation will help other BE members help you...
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi and welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy being part of our community.

I've moved your thread into the France forum and hopefully someone will be along who can help with your query.
thank you
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:49 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

gmhla

I'm confused. The E121 isnt called that any more, but afaik it is the correct way of getting your health cover. Normally (at least in Spain) you take your E121 document (it is now called the S1) to the local Department of Health and they process it for you, ultimately making issue of a permanent health card. Your partner, even if under retirement age, would be allowed care as well in the same manner
Old Oct 8th 2011, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
That's a new one.

Form E108 is issued by the relevant authority of a Member State to notify another Member State of the suspension or withdrawal of the right to benefits and cancels the previously registered form with effect from a specific date.

Your comment "I got the S1 because I am now 65, I was on a E121"is puzzling, were you previously on an E121 because you were in receipt of disability benefits I wonder ?
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I was on a E106 when I took early retirement(4 years ago),when my wife reached 60 it was changed to a E121 and she was the one who had the E121 and I was her dependant, now that I have reached 65, I received the S1 from Newcastle and took into our local office,they looked at it and said that was all they required, now 4 weeks later I receive a letter saying that I need this E108. I phoned Newcastle they said that the form was only for cutting of all ties to the UK . I went back to the office in France and no they are insisting I have this form, my French is not good and the person would not let me talk to someone that could speak English. Thank you for listening.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Sorry I know nothing about the various forms, but wondered how long you've been in France, are you planning to stay here forever more?
Maybe a few more details about your personal situation will help other BE members help you...
Hi I have lived in France since the start of 07,and intend staying.
When we came to France we were on a E106 as we were not of retiring age, but when the wife made 60 the form was changed to a E121 with me as her dependant now that I am 65 they want me to pay for my health care, because that is what E108 form is for.
regards gmhla
Old Oct 8th 2011, 6:26 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I phoned Newcastle they said that the form was only for cutting of all ties to the UK . I went back to the office in France and no they are insisting I have this form, my French is not good and the person would not let me talk to someone that could speak English. Thank you for listening.
Hi, since this form is only for "cutting of all ties to the UK", which is what you have done since you intend staying here, I don't understand why Newcastle hasn't sent it to you.
Why not write to them snailmail, since the telephone call didn't lead to anything?
Hope you eventually find satisfaction...
Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Sorry but I don't get this 'cutting all ties' guff and it's risible to construe the fact that you have moved to France and intend to remain there as such.

Untold thousands, your OH included, have joined the French health system with nothing but their E121 so why your case should be different I can't imagine.

In fact the demand for an E108 is perverse. You have been properly issued with an E121 yet they are asking for a form which, to all intents and purposes, says that you are not entitled to it.

Has anybody else here ever heard of or experienced anything like this ?

If they persist with their nonsense then I would suggest you raise a complaint with SOLVIT
Old Oct 9th 2011, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice

It could be that France want the UK notify them that you are no longer covered by your wife's E121, using the E108 form. I suspect the wording "cancels the previously registered form" could be the key here.

It's odd, but some CPAMs are like that.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

You could be right and I found this although to further muddy the waters it speaks of benefits in kind

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...74:0079:EN:PDF

But it begs the question if the OP has been issued with his own E121 what on earth does it matter to CPAM that he was previously covered on his OH's ?
Old Oct 14th 2011, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
You could be right and I found this although to further muddy the waters it speaks of benefits in kind

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...74:0079:EN:PDF

But it begs the question if the OP has been issued with his own E121 what on earth does it matter to CPAM that he was previously covered on his OH's ?
Hi folks, I would like to thank all you people who read my story,and responded. I have now got the answer, when you have been getting your medical expenses on the back of your wife's E121 (as she was of retiring age before me) and you reach 65 Newcastle send you two S1 forms (which is now replacing the E121) you then take them into your local French medical office, and THEY MUST RETURN one S1 form to Newcastle and in turn Newcastle will send them back a E108 form, they will not give you one, as by France returning the form in means that they have registered you a a person in your own rite. Thanks again
Old Oct 15th 2011, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

That's useful information so thanks for coming back with it.

As it all seems to take place internally between CPAM and DWP it also explains why few, if any, will have ever heard of or sighted an E108.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.