Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Driving through France for work

Driving through France for work

Old Nov 21st 2020, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving through France for work

They're checking regularly in one of my local towns (one I don't often pass through myself). I remember during the first wave, someone my wife knew got stopped after leaving the supermarket, told them he'd been shopping and was made to open up his boot. The gendarmes had a look through his bags, determined he had food for at least the next 3-4 days and told him not to return until at least then. In another instance an artisan (with his attestation) was going to a clients to do work, got stopped by the gendarmes, explained he was going to a customer's and was told he's not going anywhere but back home... Hopefully some of the more ill informed gendarmes have learnt their lessons during this second wave, but after my last experience with them, I definitely wouldn't want to cross paths again.

Yesterday I was coming home though town and it passes through a forest. There's no habitation around that area, but there were several vans parked up, and hunters carrying guns. I believe they are not exempted from lock down, accept in exceptional circumstances.

Last edited by G-J-B; Nov 21st 2020 at 6:27 am.