Reload this Page >

Driver/Taxi Service Wanted - Brive Airport

Driver/Taxi Service Wanted - Brive Airport

Old Jun 15th 2020, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Wanderer100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driver/Taxi Service Wanted - Brive Airport

Hello all,

I’m on the hunt for a way of getting from Brive Airport to a remote-ish holiday home.

My wife and I plan on staying at my parents holiday home near the village of Juillac in Correze this July, flying in to Brive airport.

My parents’ place is out in the sticks so hopping in a taxi from the airport is going to cost an arm and a leg, and seeing as public transport is non-existent in that part of the country.

Advert removed and wording altered slightly so that without the advert the post still makes sense..

Does anyone knows any reliable, not too expensive taxi services in the Brive/Correze area that would also be much appreciated. (Google isn’t getting me very far).

Thanks

Last edited by Rosemary; Jun 15th 2020 at 3:33 pm. Reason: No advewrtising on the forum
Old Jun 15th 2020, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driver/Taxi Service Wanted - Brive Airport

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
In my experience, taxis are more expensive in France and also can be difficult to find especially on public holidays etc.
Try Yellow pages
Type in taxi and the town name.
Is car rental out of the question?
HTH
Old Jun 15th 2020, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

You could try blablacar (car share website). Though I don't know how keen drivers will be to pick up strangers off international flights...
https://www.blablacar.fr/
Old Jun 15th 2020, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

May contain nuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a site (dated 2015) that provides a tarif for Juillac-based taxis. Brive to Juillac is just over 40km. You'd be looking at 80 euros or thereabouts.
Other options here.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 12:22 pm
Correze, The Limousin

Chris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that my offer of help has been deleted - I thought that one of the purposes of this forum, was to help each other.
Never mind, I shan't bother again.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 1:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris'nJulie
Interesting that my offer of help has been deleted - I thought that one of the purposes of this forum, was to help each other.
Never mind, I shan't bother again.
You were actually offering your services with the fuel to be paid for which is deemed as advertising. The purpose of the forum is indeed to help each other, information, recommendations etc but not advertising your own services.

Rosemary
Old Jun 16th 2020, 1:38 pm
Correze, The Limousin

Chris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond repute

If you consider an offer of help a "service", and summarily delete a message without the courtesy of explaining why, other than accuse someone of "advertising" when they are merely offering assistance, then clearly this site is not for the likes of me. I suggest you amend your "rules" as they appear a bit draconian. Anyway, as I said, I shan't bother any more.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

I suggest you try an email or phone the tourist office at Brive.
They may not have all the info, but they speak English.

Ask them about the local bus service CFT

Its Line number 5. Check out whether its school term or holidays and if you have to telephone to book. Sometimes booking is essential for the last part of the journey. Journeys need to be reserved the day before by 12 noon.
The standard fare in Correze is 2 euros.

The bus is from Brive to Julliac so you will need to ask about transport from the airport.

Also ask the tourist office about Transport a Demande (TAD) which operates in correze . For 5 euros per person, it will pick you up at Railway stations and take you to the address you are staying at. if the system is operating in your part of Correze . You will need your Parents surname

Ask the tourist office which keys you have to press when you here the message from CFT. "Tappez ........"

You could also try the local Mairee, but their English may not be as fluent as the tourist office.

Let me know if you need help finding the contacts for the Brive tourist office and / or CFT.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

The commune has a web site

Julliac.19.fr

And
https://scolaire19.transports.nouvel...ires/index.php
gets you to a timetable for todays bus. However , today is Wednesday so the bus is for the half day.

However , bus times may have changed during Covid 19.
In general busses in Correze are timed for the schools