Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

double jab certificate to enter france from spain

double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Old Dec 22nd 2021, 2:33 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 268
santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default double jab certificate to enter france from spain

can anyone confirm if its a reqiurement to enter france from spain on a bicycle .
santaanita is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2021, 2:12 pm
  #2  
Quien no sabe
 
Chatter Static's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,977
Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

You can no longer transit France from another country by car to return to the UK unless you are a resident of France.

Unless you have a compelling reason.

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/amp.theg...e-to-get-to-uk

Last edited by Chatter Static; Dec 30th 2021 at 2:15 pm.
Chatter Static is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2021, 3:09 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 268
santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by Chatter Static View Post
You can no longer transit France from another country by car to return to the UK unless you are a resident of France.

Unless you have a compelling reason.

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/amp.theg...e-to-get-to-uk
Oh dear,i have a friend who is setting of on a bicycle next week from central portugal to catch a ferry from dieppe,he has had no jabs .thanks for the reply,cant seem to get the link to open

Last edited by santaanita; Dec 30th 2021 at 3:12 pm.
santaanita is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2021, 4:00 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 268
santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by santaanita View Post
Oh dear,i have a friend who is setting of on a bicycle next week from central portugal to catch a ferry from dieppe,he has had no jabs .thanks for the reply,cant seem to get the link to open
okay got it now,cant see were it says another country ,just seems to say from UK,so still dont know if he can enter from spain and then transit on
santaanita is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2021, 8:36 pm
  #5  
Quien no sabe
 
Chatter Static's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,977
Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by santaanita View Post
okay got it now,cant see were it says another country ,just seems to say from UK,so still dont know if he can enter from spain and then transit on
Uk residents can’t go in any direction transiting through France.
Chatter Static is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2021, 1:45 pm
  #6  
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Hérault (34)
Posts: 8,680
dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by santaanita View Post
Oh dear,i have a friend who is setting of on a bicycle next week from central portugal to catch a ferry from dieppe,he has had no jabs .thanks for the reply,cant seem to get the link to open
I'm not up to date with the French regulations re travelling to/from the UK, but, even if your friend did manage to cross the Spain/France border, he would still need a Pass Sanitaire (at least 2 jabs, if not 3) for transiting through France. Hotels, restaurants, etc... ask for it before you're allowed in. And doesn't the Dieppe ferry require the Vaccination Certificate?
It might be advisable for your friend to get himself vaccinated at least twice as from now, even if it means postponing his Dieppe ferry. Or, once he's got the Portuguese equivalent of the French Pass Sanitaire, might he consider cycling to northern Spain and taking a ferry from there?
HTH
P.S. I've just read your post in the Portugal forum - maybe you should have mentioned that your friend is accompanied by a dog in a trailer? He should be aware that, even if he is fully vaccinated, not all French hotels/accommodation accept dogs. I'm not up to date with the vaccination regulations for a dog travelling to the UK, but presumably your friend is....

Last edited by dmu; Dec 31st 2021 at 2:11 pm.
dmu is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2022, 10:24 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 268
santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by dmu View Post
I'm not up to date with the French regulations re travelling to/from the UK, but, even if your friend did manage to cross the Spain/France border, he would still need a Pass Sanitaire (at least 2 jabs, if not 3) for transiting through France. Hotels, restaurants, etc... ask for it before you're allowed in. And doesn't the Dieppe ferry require the Vaccination Certificate?
It might be advisable for your friend to get himself vaccinated at least twice as from now, even if it means postponing his Dieppe ferry. Or, once he's got the Portuguese equivalent of the French Pass Sanitaire, might he consider cycling to northern Spain and taking a ferry from there?
HTH
P.S. I've just read your post in the Portugal forum - maybe you should have mentioned that your friend is accompanied by a dog in a trailer? He should be aware that, even if he is fully vaccinated, not all French hotels/accommodation accept dogs. I'm not up to date with the vaccination regulations for a dog travelling to the UK, but presumably your friend is....
the reason he is going via dieppe is that there are no cabins available with dogs on the spanish route ,he came over on the plymouth santandre route.he camps on route,the ferry over only requied a lat flow test,think he is mad myself but takes all types

Last edited by santaanita; Jan 1st 2022 at 10:27 am.
santaanita is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2022, 1:06 pm
  #8  
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Hérault (34)
Posts: 8,680
dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by santaanita View Post
the reason he is going via dieppe is that there are no cabins available with dogs on the spanish route ,he came over on the plymouth santandre route.he camps on route,the ferry over only requied a lat flow test,think he is mad myself but takes all types
AFAIK, all French camp-sites require a Pass Sanitaire. Has he checked what camp-sites on his route are actually open this time of year?

dmu is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2022, 5:05 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 268
santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by dmu View Post
AFAIK, all French camp-sites require a Pass Sanitaire. Has he checked what camp-sites on his route are actually open this time of year?
sorry seem to always leave out bits ,He wild camps

Last edited by santaanita; Jan 1st 2022 at 5:09 pm.
santaanita is offline  
Old Jan 2nd 2022, 7:16 am
  #10  
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Hérault (34)
Posts: 8,680
dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by santaanita View Post
sorry seem to always leave out bits ,He wild camps
Oh dear, he does know that this is strengst verboten in France? Not to mention that the weather won't be kind to him or his dog? For example, here in the South, there's been night frost since before Christmas, but the temperature's up a bit now, and it's drizzly rain this morning....
He's lucky to have a friend who is enquiring on the France forum on his behalf. Hope he's taking all our info on board!
dmu is offline  
Old Jan 2nd 2022, 10:31 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 268
santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by dmu View Post
Oh dear, he does know that this is strengst verboten in France? Not to mention that the weather won't be kind to him or his dog? For example, here in the South, there's been night frost since before Christmas, but the temperature's up a bit now, and it's drizzly rain this morning....
He's lucky to have a friend who is enquiring on the France forum on his behalf. Hope he's taking all our info on board!
yes i am trying to give him as much info as i can as he,has no direct info via internet,he has a little bit of if you dont worry about it it wont happen,annoys the hell out of me
santaanita is offline  
Old Jan 2nd 2022, 11:35 am
  #12  
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Hérault (34)
Posts: 8,680
dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by santaanita View Post
yes i am trying to give him as much info as i can as he,has no direct info via internet,he has a little bit of if you dont worry about it it wont happen,annoys the hell out of me
Well, we've given all the useful info that we can, we'll just have to wish him all the best! (But I can't help worrying about the dog in that trailer in bad weather...)
dmu is offline  
Old Jan 8th 2022, 7:25 am
  #13  
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Hérault (34)
Posts: 8,680
dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

@ santaanita - I wouldn't be worrying about a complete stranger if it weren't for his dog in a bicycle trailer in the Winter! Can you give an up-date on his progress, if only for other potential non-vaccinated cyclists (or drivers) on their way "home" to the UK via France?
dmu is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2022, 8:07 am
  #14  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 268
santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by dmu View Post
@ santaanita - I wouldn't be worrying about a complete stranger if it weren't for his dog in a bicycle trailer in the Winter! Can you give an up-date on his progress, if only for other potential non-vaccinated cyclists (or drivers) on their way "home" to the UK via France?
sorry for delay in reply internet problem,afraid he has already left so i cant contact him on route,he has given himself 6 weeks to reach Dieppe.
santaanita is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2022, 11:38 am
  #15  
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Hérault (34)
Posts: 8,680
dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

Originally Posted by santaanita View Post
sorry for delay in reply internet problem,afraid he has already left so i cant contact him on route,he has given himself 6 weeks to reach Dieppe.
Fingers crossed that the present flooding in S.W. France has dried out by the time he gets there....
dmu is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.