British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   double jab certificate to enter france from spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/double-jab-certificate-enter-france-spain-942037/)

santaanita Dec 22nd 2021 2:33 pm

double jab certificate to enter france from spain

can anyone confirm if its a reqiurement to enter france from spain on a bicycle .

Chatter Static Dec 30th 2021 2:12 pm

Re: double jab certificate to enter france from spain

You can no longer transit France from another country by car to return to the UK unless you are a resident of France.

Unless you have a compelling reason.

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/amp.theg...e-to-get-to-uk

santaanita Dec 30th 2021 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Chatter Static (Post 13084811)
You can no longer transit France from another country by car to return to the UK unless you are a resident of France.

Unless you have a compelling reason.

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/amp.theg...e-to-get-to-uk

Oh dear,i have a friend who is setting of on a bicycle next week from central portugal to catch a ferry from dieppe,he has had no jabs .thanks for the reply,cant seem to get the link to open

santaanita Dec 30th 2021 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by santaanita (Post 13084825)
Oh dear,i have a friend who is setting of on a bicycle next week from central portugal to catch a ferry from dieppe,he has had no jabs .thanks for the reply,cant seem to get the link to open

okay got it now,cant see were it says another country ,just seems to say from UK,so still dont know if he can enter from spain and then transit on

Chatter Static Dec 30th 2021 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by santaanita (Post 13084838)
okay got it now,cant see were it says another country ,just seems to say from UK,so still dont know if he can enter from spain and then transit on

Uk residents can’t go in any direction transiting through France.

dmu Dec 31st 2021 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by santaanita (Post 13084825)

I'm not up to date with the French regulations re travelling to/from the UK, but, even if your friend did manage to cross the Spain/France border, he would still need a Pass Sanitaire (at least 2 jabs, if not 3) for transiting through France. Hotels, restaurants, etc... ask for it before you're allowed in. And doesn't the Dieppe ferry require the Vaccination Certificate?
It might be advisable for your friend to get himself vaccinated at least twice as from now, even if it means postponing his Dieppe ferry. Or, once he's got the Portuguese equivalent of the French Pass Sanitaire, might he consider cycling to northern Spain and taking a ferry from there?
HTH
P.S. I've just read your post in the Portugal forum - maybe you should have mentioned that your friend is accompanied by a dog in a trailer? He should be aware that, even if he is fully vaccinated, not all French hotels/accommodation accept dogs. I'm not up to date with the vaccination regulations for a dog travelling to the UK, but presumably your friend is....

santaanita Jan 1st 2022 10:24 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 13085068)
I'm not up to date with the French regulations re travelling to/from the UK, but, even if your friend did manage to cross the Spain/France border, he would still need a Pass Sanitaire (at least 2 jabs, if not 3) for transiting through France. Hotels, restaurants, etc... ask for it before you're allowed in. And doesn't the Dieppe ferry require the Vaccination Certificate?
It might be advisable for your friend to get himself vaccinated at least twice as from now, even if it means postponing his Dieppe ferry. Or, once he's got the Portuguese equivalent of the French Pass Sanitaire, might he consider cycling to northern Spain and taking a ferry from there?
HTH
P.S. I've just read your post in the Portugal forum - maybe you should have mentioned that your friend is accompanied by a dog in a trailer? He should be aware that, even if he is fully vaccinated, not all French hotels/accommodation accept dogs. I'm not up to date with the vaccination regulations for a dog travelling to the UK, but presumably your friend is....

the reason he is going via dieppe is that there are no cabins available with dogs on the spanish route ,he came over on the plymouth santandre route.he camps on route,the ferry over only requied a lat flow test,think he is mad myself but takes all types

dmu Jan 1st 2022 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by santaanita (Post 13085307)
the reason he is going via dieppe is that there are no cabins available with dogs on the spanish route ,he came over on the plymouth santandre route.he camps on route,the ferry over only requied a lat flow test,think he is mad myself but takes all types

AFAIK, all French camp-sites require a Pass Sanitaire. Has he checked what camp-sites on his route are actually open this time of year?

santaanita Jan 1st 2022 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 13085346)
AFAIK, all French camp-sites require a Pass Sanitaire. Has he checked what camp-sites on his route are actually open this time of year?

sorry seem to always leave out bits ,He wild camps

dmu Jan 2nd 2022 7:16 am

Originally Posted by santaanita (Post 13085388)
sorry seem to always leave out bits ,He wild camps

Oh dear, he does know that this is strengst verboten in France? Not to mention that the weather won't be kind to him or his dog? For example, here in the South, there's been night frost since before Christmas, but the temperature's up a bit now, and it's drizzly rain this morning....
He's lucky to have a friend who is enquiring on the France forum on his behalf. Hope he's taking all our info on board!;)

santaanita Jan 2nd 2022 10:31 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 13085529)
Oh dear, he does know that this is strengst verboten in France? Not to mention that the weather won't be kind to him or his dog? For example, here in the South, there's been night frost since before Christmas, but the temperature's up a bit now, and it's drizzly rain this morning....
He's lucky to have a friend who is enquiring on the France forum on his behalf. Hope he's taking all our info on board!;)

yes i am trying to give him as much info as i can as he,has no direct info via internet,he has a little bit of if you dont worry about it it wont happen,annoys the hell out of me

dmu Jan 2nd 2022 11:35 am

Originally Posted by santaanita (Post 13085557)
yes i am trying to give him as much info as i can as he,has no direct info via internet,he has a little bit of if you dont worry about it it wont happen,annoys the hell out of me

Well, we've given all the useful info that we can, we'll just have to wish him all the best! (But I can't help worrying about the dog in that trailer in bad weather...:()

dmu Jan 8th 2022 7:25 am

@ santaanita - I wouldn't be worrying about a complete stranger if it weren't for his dog in a bicycle trailer in the Winter! Can you give an up-date on his progress, if only for other potential non-vaccinated cyclists (or drivers) on their way "home" to the UK via France?

santaanita Jan 12th 2022 8:07 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 13086862)
@ santaanita - I wouldn't be worrying about a complete stranger if it weren't for his dog in a bicycle trailer in the Winter! Can you give an up-date on his progress, if only for other potential non-vaccinated cyclists (or drivers) on their way "home" to the UK via France?

sorry for delay in reply internet problem,afraid he has already left so i cant contact him on route,he has given himself 6 weeks to reach Dieppe.

dmu Jan 12th 2022 11:38 am

Originally Posted by santaanita (Post 13087583)
sorry for delay in reply internet problem,afraid he has already left so i cant contact him on route,he has given himself 6 weeks to reach Dieppe.

Fingers crossed that the present flooding in S.W. France has dried out by the time he gets there....:fingerscrossed: