Dordogne

Old May 7th 2018, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

JMW634 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dordogne

We are considering moving to the Dordogne, had a few great holiday there and love the place. My question is I have two properties I rent out in Britain and use as income along with my pension so don't intend to sell them. Not sure how I stand regarding taxes in France and Britain on the two properties if we move?
Old May 7th 2018, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dordogne

Welcome to the forum.
When moving here and becoming tax resident in France, then you have to declare your entire world-wide income & assets, including rental income, pensions, bank interest etc.
Have a good read through the 'Moving To France FAQ's', which is a mine of information.
Old May 7th 2018, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dordogne

You pay rental income on UK properties in the UK and then you declare the income and tax paid in the overseas income section of your french tax return.
There is a double taxation treaty between the UK and France and you will not be taxed twice on the income but France will include the UK income to work out your gross income for the year.
UK State Pension is potentially taxable in France but UK Government pensions - military; police etc are taxable in the UK.
Old May 7th 2018, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

JMW634 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Dordogne

Originally Posted by cyrian
You pay rental income on UK properties in the UK and then you declare the income and tax paid in the overseas income section of your french tax return.
There is a double taxation treaty between the UK and France and you will not be taxed twice on the income but France will include the UK income to work out your gross income for the year.
UK State Pension is potentially taxable in France but UK Government pensions - military; police etc are taxable in the UK.
Thanks cyrian, very informative and useful to know.