Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know this organisation?

Wikiposts

Does anyone know this organisation?

Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anyone know this organisation?

On another forum of which I am a member, our webmaster received an email asking for volunteers concerning this organisation
http://www.cancersupportfrance.info/
Now I did some checking and replied as follows on that thread
I notice that the latest updates of all sections on the site are all 2007.
E.g. under "Latest News"
CPAM and Health Changes

Health issues update as of 14th. December 2007-12-15
Whereas under the "official site"
http://www.frenchhealthissues.eu/
The latest update is
Latest News
last updated 20/09/2008
and
Noticeboard
last updated 20/09/2008

Seems a little strange that nothing seems to have been added to
www.cancersupportfrance.info in 2008?

I could be (possibly) interested in helping in some capacity or other, seeing as Carcassonne is mentioned as an area needing a branch, but, on the other hand, I'm always rather wary of websites with outdated information, especially those purporting to belong to a charity or "some kind of community service"!

I "backtracked" the phone number given here and found
The Fund is in the process of Partnering with other leading United Kingdom charities.
The scope of clients covered will then extend to most former United Kingdom citizens.
For further information please contact: Mary Hughes on 0468234379
Hughes Timothy
Le Village
11270 CAZALRENOUX
04 68 23 43 79

Cazalrenoux is 41 Km from Palaja where I live, so reasonably close.

Kate, have you had any direct contact with this lady apart from the email you received for the Anglophone Direct forum?
Thanks,
Roger

PS Don't get me wrong, but I never jump into things without a careful first look or three!!

PPS Peter, if you read this thread, I noticed that there is no mention in your Languedoc Page forum. Have you heard anything of this organisation?
UNQUOTE

These days, I am VERY wary of "requests for volunteers" where I have not first verified by every means possible that the source is 100% bona fide!

Have any of you members had contact with this organisation and can vouch for it? See the headquarters and branch list on the site which is a long way from where I live! Thanks, Roger

Last edited by Roger O; Dec 18th 2008 at 6:16 am.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:31 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone know this organisation?

The website was updated on the 17th November 2008, and after googling the phone number I got this link http://rafasudouest.googlepages.com/welfare which is something to do with the Royal Air Force Europe trust but the Cancer trust newsletter are on it.

Originally Posted by Roger O
On another forum of which I am a member, our webmaster received an email asking for volunteers concerning this organisation
http://www.cancersupportfrance.info/
Now I did some checking and replied as follows on that thread
I notice that the latest updates of all sections on the site are all 2007.
E.g. under "Latest News"
Whereas under the "official site"
http://www.frenchhealthissues.eu/
The latest update is
Latest News
last updated 20/09/2008
and
Noticeboard
last updated 20/09/2008

Seems a little strange that nothing seems to have been added to
www.cancersupportfrance.info in 2008?

I could be (possibly) interested in helping in some capacity or other, seeing as Carcassonne is mentioned as an area needing a branch, but, on the other hand, I'm always rather wary of websites with outdated information, especially those purporting to belong to a charity or "some kind of community service"!

I "backtracked" the phone number given here and found

Hughes Timothy
Le Village
11270 CAZALRENOUX
04 68 23 43 79

Cazalrenoux is 41 Km from Palaja where I live, so reasonably close.

Kate, have you had any direct contact with this lady apart from the email you received for the Anglophone Direct forum?
Thanks,
Roger

PS Don't get me wrong, but I never jump into things without a careful first look or three!!

PPS Peter, if you read this thread, I noticed that there is no mention in your Languedoc Page forum. Have you heard anything of this organisation?
UNQUOTE

These days, I am VERY wary of "requests for volunteers" where I have not first verified by every means possible that the source is 100% bona fide!

Have any of you members had contact with this organisation and can vouch for it? See the headquarters and branch list on the site which is a long way from where I live! Thanks, Roger