Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

"Death in France" from experience

"Death in France" from experience

Old Feb 9th 2019, 5:22 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Death in France" from experience

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
DMU, Sorry to hear you appear to have a Notaire who has dragged his heels on something that one always hopes would be finalized in a professional manner and asap.
Not so long back we dealt with a Notaire in the Aude department. He was a total waste of space dealing with a succession, and after leaving him a generous amount of time to complete things we heard nothing, even after several phone calls to his office.
Then at around the same time we had the succession of the m.i.l. to deal with, and contacted a notaire local to us who was first class. Mme TP mentioned the problems still being encountered in the Aude, and she was advised that it wasn't normal if a succession is relatively straight forward (which is was), and to send a very harsh letter by registered mail. That letter made ref to advise given from her own Notaire, and it worked! 10 days latter we heard that the overdue succession affair had just been completed.
Hope you get things sorted soon.
After unanswered mails and telephone calls, I finally went along to confront the Clerc - she was virtually grovelling at my feet when she realised the stress I was under. It just goes to show that turning up at the Etude without warning shakes the staff up and gets results (in that she reassured me that all will be settled by the due date...). Watch this space....
P.S. There's only one Notaire in our nearest town, therefore he has the monopoly for conveyancing and successions....