Ryanair

Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryanair

I travel frequently to the UK and back - 10 or 12 times a year. As far as I am concerned, it is a bus service, and I am more worried about punctuality than I am about frills.
My latest experience is a bit worrying. I often book out of one airport and back in to another, so i do not have to stay an extra day unnecessarily . So I also often use both the UK site and the French one.
Today I got confused and booked a UK bound flight on the UK site, and was quoted in Euros. When I started to book, this changed into sterling - at an effective rate 7 percent worse. When it got to the payment page, it reverted to Euros, at another 7 percent increase. The other flight I was booking was on the French site, and the same happened. I was quoted in sterling, when booking this changed to Euros, but when it came to the payment option, this changed again to Sterling again. Each time at a 7 percent difference. And presumably if I had used the wrong card - UK for Euros or Euro card for sterling, it would have clipped me again.
Luckily I noticed. Closed the browser, cleared the history, and opened different browsers (all of which sounds as though I may know what I am doing, which I most certainly do not).
Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:08 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair

Why am I not surprised Biggsie. My OH wishes to book a return to East Mids in April, return to La Rochelle or Nantes. Return is well past €100 and add-on fees, such as one for booking on-line!!!
You can't easily hide your IP address, which will show on RA's system, UK or FR. My guess is the 7% is an automatic loading, as you found, whichever payment route you take.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

cjm - it is not 7 percent - whicgh I agree is much the same as the banks eould charge.
It is 14 or even 21 percent. And even the banks don't take that much!
Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:59 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies mis-read your post. That's quite a shock to me. I'll mail a friend who flies to and fro weekly, may get some info there.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

I can't abide them. I fly BA when I go back. Not only is it more pleasurable, I find it cheaper too.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

Originally Posted by cjm
Why am I not surprised Biggsie. My OH wishes to book a return to East Mids in April, return to La Rochelle or Nantes. Return is well past €100 and add-on fees, such as one for booking on-line!!!
You can't easily hide your IP address, which will show on RA's system, UK or FR. My guess is the 7% is an automatic loading, as you found, whichever payment route you take.
Limoges-east midlands is the same price too . This month though I paid less than £25 return for the same trip. I suppose £100 return is still the cheapest option compared to any other form of transport
On their website before you can get a quote you are asked to solve a puzzle.
Two words which happened to be 'hairy eyeball' came up.
I was puzzled as to what the puzzle actually was that needed solving. It turns out that there is no puzzle you simply type hairy eyeball into the space.
Such a puzzling choice of word, 'puzzle'. how foreigners work it out puzzles me.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by loy loy
I can't abide them. I fly BA when I go back. Not only is it more pleasurable, I find it cheaper too.
Google "Ryanair" and you'll see why so many thousands feel just like loy loy.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

kazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nice

I make about 10 trips with Ryanair each year. Basically I have very little choice and so, unless I subject myself to a great deal of inconvenience, I have to use them. They are generally still cheap (in more ways than one) as long as you check the site regularly for prices and they are usually punctual.
But like them? Never, not unless Michael O'Leary has a personality transplant and reviews all his money grabbing little schemes...
I also get fed up of sitting on the plane (as a captive audience) whilst they try to sell me all manner of utter rubbish which no doubt make the aforementioned Mr O'Leary even more money...
Haven't encountered the currency conversion mash-up.... no doubt it is waiting in the wings to catch me out!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that their next planned money-saving scheme is to install outside toilets......
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

kazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I understand that their next planned money-saving scheme is to install outside toilets......
Love it!!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:41 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
But there's a charge to flush it .....
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

Ryanair is the Tesco Value pack Beefburger of the air. 29% of the Beefburger is horsemeat and 29% of Ryanair is bullshyt.
There is always a price to be paid when things are cheap.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjm
But there's a charge to flush it .....
Great money-making scheme - on which they'll make piles, and then grossly overcharge for 'duty-free' Preparation H...........