Chronopost

Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chronopost

Has anyone successfully contacted Chronopost?
We have just received a third notice from Chronopost of a failure to deliver a parcel. (La Poste, Fedex and UPS have no problems) .
The two previous ones were from friends in Spain, this however was from John Lewis. So very worrying for SWMBO.

Each time we try to ring the contact number but have NEVER - probably 100 attempts in total- managed to get a reply.

Any guesses what to do? We cannot collect from depot, as they require an assignment number - which they give you when you ring! The phone is always answered with a recorded message that all lines are engaged please call later and then it cuts you off.
GRRRRRRRRRRR
Old Jan 8th 2013, 5:36 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chronopost

Worth going back to JL?
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Yes of course, but if they are now using Chronopost for their deliveries what do we do?
To further complicate matters, we are this month being issued with street names and house numbers in the commune.
I wonder how long before Chronopost update that database?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:25 am
Just Joined

fifiphong is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Surely the 3rd notice would have indicated the instructions on how to collect the items ?
Same principle as the other carriers I suppose, where the notice usually indicates when it will be redelivered or where to collect it.

have you tried this number : 0 969 391 391 ?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

fifiphong We have only received one notice. Each time. Each time the reason is given is inadequate address details. I believe it never actually leaves the depot. Each time they put a letter in the post(La Poste), which arrives perfectly the next day with the correct address plainly written on it.

Yes that is the number. Try it - the answer is always the same in French and English all lines are busy please try later.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:15 am
Just Joined

fifiphong is an unknown quantity at this point

bigglesworth, i now understand the issue. Looking at the web, you are not the only one in this situation. See beow link
http://www.trustpilot.fr/review/www.chronopost.fr

The number provided is indeed busy all the time (some claim this number doesn't actually work).
It looks like their customer service is extremely poor (if you manage to reach them on the phone), with inaccurate information.
The unknown or inaccurate address is not the reason.

some managed to get their items by going to the nearest Chronopost depot.

Best of luck !
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

They are a total nightmare but then so are all deliveries here.

Our hameau does not have streets or numbers, just names and it is really difficult to get anyone to accept what is our correct address - name, hameau, post code and commune. Most delivery companies ask for a mobile number - but there is no signal. They either refuse to use the land line or drive into the hameau and attempt to call you on their mobile which of course doesn't work.

If they call from outside the hameau they almost without exception can't follow more than one (short) instruction at a time so it is not unusual to receive 8 or 9 calls in the space of a few minutes demanding clearer instructions. They refuse to get out of their vehicle to check mail box names.

The last Chronopost delivery we had was in an unmarked van which went past the house half a dozen times until my husband went outside and literally flagged him down and asked if he was looking for us.

I could write a book!

Have you tried asking for help at La Poste? Our post mistress is most helpful and seems to have an inside line both to Chronopost and France telecom. The marie too have been very helpful. It always worth a try.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Granny bunz, I have to say we have only had problems with Chronopost. We too do not have street names or numbers - changing next month though!- but have never failed to receive parcels. Our post man (and occasional post lady) are charming and helpful, and we have often commented on their service. UPS have been super, as have Fedex.
I had not thought of asking at La Poste- silly really. Will do this afternoon. Thank you.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again bigglesworth !
Our postman is great too, he sometimes asks us for help with "foreign" mail!!

There is only one delivery company who knows our hameau because they deliver regularly to a neighbour who runs a business form home. He knows he can leave things with us or our neighbour.

Our mairie is looking into installing a map at each end of the hameau with names of occupants indicated. As for street names it would have to be "the wiggly one that goes right through" or "the one that leads to the next hameau!"

Good luck this afternoon.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fifiphong - thanks for the website - crikey, they seem to be absolutely the pits - Excellent site for improving ones French vocabulary though.
Regrettably, it seems they only accept comments from businesses or I would have added mine to the very long list of complaints>
Old Jan 10th 2013, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Great website - so the truth is out!!

Just thought to add that our hameau does not feature on any sat nav system and that has frequently been cited as the reason for difficulty with deliveries.

Strange thing is it is not even that remote and the next hameau is on.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:01 am
Just Joined

sammyjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Chronopost

I'm having the same problem, they have advised on the tracking notice that my address is not accurate enough....never any problem for other deliveries!! And now my package is just sat in Chambery doing nothing, can't get throught to speak to anyone (mind you even if I do my French still needs to improve!) does anyone know if I can just show up at the depot with a copy of the tracking info and ID and just get it there?? Sooooooo Frustrating!!
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I wrote to them immediately, with all contact details, and I got a phone call a couple of days later. I gave them directions. They said they would deliver the next day. I waited in all day - nothing. Nothing the next, but....

Then hey presto! Delivered!

If your French is not up to to handling the phone call, then draw a map (with French notation), and include it with the letter