Covid Test

Old Oct 4th 2021, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid Test

Does France require a PCR Covid test for entry from the UK, either with or without a double vaccine certificate?

Also do I have to write a statement of honour if I am double vaccinated?

Last edited by bons; Oct 4th 2021 at 1:47 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2021, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid Test

No
We entered France on September 6th and no entry Covid test was required.
We had all the paperwork we thought that we may require but none was requested.
At the French border we had our passports stamped and were asked if we were vaccinated - two doses? - Yes.
OK enjoy your trip.
We had the completed statement of honour; proof of address in France; vaccination certificates etc etc.
I would suggest that you complete the statement of honour.
If you are not double vaccinated then you should check with the French government website.

By the way, when we arrived with Scottish QR codes, these didn't work with the French verification app.
On the 7th September we applied on the French government website to have our QR codes converted into French QR codes.
On the 4th October (almost exactly 4 weeks later) we received an email stating that our application had been rejected because we had now left the country.
Fortunately, the French Verif app was updated on 11th September to allow us to access cafes; restaurants and bars etc.
We are not the first to have had this experience.
French bloody-minded bureaucracy at its worst?

Old Oct 4th 2021, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cyrian
No
We entered France on September 6th and no entry Covid test was required.
We had all the paperwork we thought that we may require but none was requested.
At the French border we had our passports stamped and were asked if we were vaccinated - two doses? - Yes.
OK enjoy your trip.
We had the completed statement of honour; proof of address in France; vaccination certificates etc etc.
I would suggest that you complete the statement of honour.
If you are not double vaccinated then you should check with the French government website.

By the way, when we arrived with Scottish QR codes, these didn't work with the French verification app.
On the 7th September we applied on the French government website to have our QR codes converted into French QR codes.
On the 4th October (almost exactly 4 weeks later) we received an email stating that our application had been rejected because we had now left the country.
Fortunately, the French Verif app was updated on 11th September to allow us to access cafes; restaurants and bars etc.
We are not the first to have had this experience.
French bloody-minded bureaucracy at its worst?
Thanks. We are both double vaccinated with a hard copy proof and digital. I checked the declaration of hounour and it seemed to be saying from a red listed country when in the UK I think the French have us as amber.

Last edited by bons; Oct 4th 2021 at 3:21 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2021, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

French Government website

Dated 30th September 2021

Travel documents if you are vaccinated:

• proof of vaccination. It will only be valid if it proves that you are fully vaccinated, i.e.:
    • Seven days after the second shot for two-shot vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca (Vaxevria and Covishield));
    • Four weeks after the shot for one-shot vaccines (Johnson & Johnson);
    • Seven days after the shot for vaccines administered to people who have already had COVID-19 (only one dose is necessary).
      Only vaccines authorized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) (Pfizer (Comirnaty), Moderna, AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)), or AstraZeneca (Covishield) will be accepted.
    • Seven days after a booster ARNm dose (Moderna or Pfizer) after two shots of a vaccine on the WHO’s health emergencies list (Sinovac/Coronavac or Sinopharm/BBIB-PVeroCells)
  • a sworn declaration, which you can download from the Interior Ministry’s website stating that
    • you have no symptoms of COVID-19 infection;
    • to your knowledge, you have not been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to your journey.
If I were you, I would complete the declaration - it isn't a bid deal to complete a form.
Old Oct 4th 2021, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

French Government website

Dated 30th September 2021

Travel documents if you are vaccinated:

• proof of vaccination. It will only be valid if it proves that you are fully vaccinated, i.e.:
    • Seven days after the second shot for two-shot vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca (Vaxevria and Covishield));
    • Four weeks after the shot for one-shot vaccines (Johnson & Johnson);
    • Seven days after the shot for vaccines administered to people who have already had COVID-19 (only one dose is necessary).
      Only vaccines authorized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) (Pfizer (Comirnaty), Moderna, AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)), or AstraZeneca (Covishield) will be accepted.
    • Seven days after a booster ARNm dose (Moderna or Pfizer) after two shots of a vaccine on the WHO’s health emergencies list (Sinovac/Coronavac or Sinopharm/BBIB-PVeroCells)
  • a sworn declaration, which you can download from the Interior Ministry’s website stating that
    • you have no symptoms of COVID-19 infection;
    • to your knowledge, you have not been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to your journey.
If I were you, I would complete the declaration - it isn't a bid deal to complete a form.
I have completed it, but it says from a 'red listed' country, but the UK is an amber listed country. Is it stil the same form?
Old Oct 4th 2021, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes. I found both and they are the same.
Old Oct 4th 2021, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes. I found both and they are the same.
Good to know, thanks.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 7:00 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Just for info, as from 15th October, PCR tests will cost a little less than 44€, and antigen tests 22€ in a Lab, 25€ in a Pharmacie weekdays, and 30€ on Sundays and Public Holidays.
They will remain free for those double-vaccinated or those with a Doctor's prescription, provided they present the justifying documents (and maybe their Carte Vitale).
Old Oct 8th 2021, 10:51 am
Just Joined

notgrampa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Just for info, as from 15th October, PCR tests will cost a little less than 44€, and antigen tests 22€ in a Lab, 25€ in a Pharmacie weekdays, and 30€ on Sundays and Public Holidays.
They will remain free for those double-vaccinated or those with a Doctor's prescription, provided they present the justifying documents (and maybe their Carte Vitale).
So what are the "justifying documents" required for a double vaccinated person ?
Old Oct 8th 2021, 12:10 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notgrampa
So what are the "justifying documents" required for a double vaccinated person ?
Your Pass Sanitaire with QR Code issued by your CPAM, or the Certificat which they issue after the 2nd jab might be sufficient. (OTOH, I just compared the QR codes on my Pass and the Certificat, and they aren't exactly identical.... )
Old Oct 8th 2021, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dmu
Your Pass Sanitaire with QR Code issued by your CPAM, or the Certificat which they issue after the 2nd jab might be sufficient. (OTOH, I just compared the QR codes on my Pass and the Certificat, and they aren't exactly identical.... )
No - they will not be the same.
They change depending when they were issued but they have the same effect.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

notgrampa is an unknown quantity at this point

So as I understand it, if you are double vaccinated and you wish to travel to another country that either requires a PCR test or anti-gen test you will still be able to get them for free. ( Assuming you have a Carte Vitale and vaccination cert.)
I can't see this happening frankly as the Social Security system is hard up for money.
Old Oct 9th 2021, 7:19 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by notgrampa
So as I understand it, if you are double vaccinated and you wish to travel to another country that either requires a PCR test or anti-gen test you will still be able to get them for free. ( Assuming you have a Carte Vitale and vaccination cert.)
I can't see this happening frankly as the Social Security system is hard up for money.
For free in France... Other European countries are following suit for non-residents.
The Sécu is targetting your average French person who doesn't regularly travel outside of France, and it must have calculated that the "occasional" free test for a traveller won't have much of an impact on its budget.
The main purpose of making the tests payable is to encourage the non-vaccinated to be vaccinated for free instead, but the Sécu will welcome the extra money coming into its coffers from the recalcitrants...